36 ◈ Over Turned

More long chapters!

Forewarning: Bloooooooooood

"Watch your footing, the stairs fall off."

Seungmin nodded gently to where the flashlight was pointed on the mentioned void, cautiously tiptoeing down the last few steps of the snapped stairwell. The final grates of the metal platforms long collapsed down to the gravel pathway outside the first building; The spotlight of Minho's phone trained on those broken steps as Jisung hopped off, slamming down into the gravel and nearly tumbling over himself with the far drop to join the two vampires, one of which was unlucky enough to discover the ruins as he picked bramble from his umbral hair strands. Every blow of the whistling sea salt rusting through the thin tripwire railings covered with that dilapidation blighting the mailable rods folded in wayward directions as if they were nothing but dough to be shaped in ribbed ropes. Every gust, another groan, another tremble of the rotting alloy underneath the human's weight as he made his way down.

When Minho turned away, distracting himself with laughing as Jisung finally faceplanted into the gravel after struggling to catch his balance from the fall, Hyunjin tossed the last lost crumpled leaf from his hair and outstretched his hands up to the human.

Without a beat of hesitation to stop him, without a thought to whether or not he could trust the vampire to assist him as he plunged down to the flat grounds of the industrial complex,  Seungmin carefully lowered himself closer to the moaning protests of the unstable metal below him and found the support of the vampire's shoulders. Their offer, the hesitant hands which found his sides in a fixed grip, the demure charm of the smile which eased him and the reliability of the delicate pillar he acted as for the human, the safe strength pertained to a dangerous mind enough of a buffer between him and the ground to slow his fall so he wouldn't suffer the same fate as Jisung did. To set him easy when he shoved off from the broken steps to join them on arid ground, so he wouldn't need to be picking bits of dirt and gravel from the scrape on his chin like Jisung was doing while Minho continued to mock him. 

And for a moment, lingering as they were in the crisp night air. Long since the sun had set beneath the horizon.

Seungmin's hands fiddling with the seams of Hyunjin's jacket, pinching the fabric beneath his fingertips as those timid eyes looked him over. The grasp on his sides tingling along his waist, his ribs, brushing cautiously into the loose revolver in its holster, kindling a flaring secession into their faint souls melting like goo with the chemical toxicity of their pleasant burn. A hundred shades of comfortable on his skin as they mercilessly charred him beneath their grip. Underneath the train of the cautious gaze which lingered and locked with his eyes, the fingers which danced over his body with soothing squeezes to the pounding nerves, that familiar scent infecting his nostrils, reassuring lit wax from flickering candles on a windowsill, beneath it that tingling scratch of numb which pooled in his gut like the stinging sweetness of an untreated infection.

How being there, held in the vampire's arms, felt so...

Fuck, it felt wrong.

There was something so wrong about it. The familiarity of the refined features holding so close to his own, the gentleness of a body which pulled him in like an ebbing tide caressing sandy shores, the sensations that welcomed him with a fond hand with promises his trust could be set within the other's heart. That present glint in his gaze which sliced through the human without a hint of shame for being as he was. The difference that distance held against another vampire's embrace; Changbin and the tenderness, the ease of a loving hold that held him, preening pure feathers from the other's back as he held an Arcadian glow to his radiant smile; Hyunjin and the charm of a hypnotic daze that trapped him, the soothing slither of scales against his skin which wrapped, tangling him up as those constricting binds cut tingling into his hands as they were held. As he was held.