-part 15-

i felt my phone vibrate in my purse and i checked to see who it was. i felt a smile grow on my face, it was leo.

"hey," i said as i put the phone to my ear.

"hey," he said, his voice monotone.

"what's up?" i asked nervously, he never seemed this emotionless.

"can we talk for a minute?

"yeah, that's why you called me right?" i joked, but he didn't laugh.

"we need to break up." he said, and i heard his voice break in the middle of it.

"what?!" i whispered, causing gabby and henry to look at me.

tears began to run down my face as he said, "it's just not working out."

"oh," i said before hanging up on him.

"woah what's wrong," henry asked, noticing my quiet sobs.

"leo just broke up with me," i said, and he turned around and headed back to the house.

neither of them asked any questions as we walked into the house. we walked up to my room and henry went to get ice cream while gabby helped me change.

i lied down in my bed and wrapped the covers around me. henry walked in and handed me the ice cream, which i immediately started eating.

that climbed into bed on either side of me and i leaned on henry's shoulder with a sigh.

"he just said it wasn't working out, i mean what's that even mean?" i whispered, and he wrapped his arm around me and rubbed my shoulder.

"i don't know, but i can say one thing: he's a dick," henry said, imitating my whisper.

i chuckled but it only turned into a sob as i cried into his shoulder. i don't know how long the three of us sat there until i fell asleep, but when i awoke both of them were still there.

at that moment i was so grateful for the people i loved the most, and the ones that loved me back.