-part 23-

"hey henry i think i'm gonna walk around town," i said walking into his room.

i walked in to see him and gabby laughing about something, a little too close. they looked up awkwardly before henry spoke, "yeah okay."

"okay imma head out," i said walking out of his room and grabbing my phone. i grabbed my book as well and clutched it close to my chest as i made my way out of the house.

i walked around the streets of barcelona, i found that a lot of the buildings were historic. i was looking around when i bumped into something-or someone. i fell backwards onto the sidewalk, and i looked up as the sunlight blinded me.

to my complete horror it was pablo, i felt my stomach churn as i thought of the other night—the kiss.

he held out a hand and i took it, he pulled me up gently and i simply stared at him. my mouth opened and closed as i thought of something to say.

"about the other night," i started. "i was really, really drunk."

"i could tell," he said chuckling.

i nearly face palmed from the embarrassment.

"but it's okay," he said quickly.

"are you sure?" i asked, my face reddening.

"yeah...hey since you're out, do you wanna maybe grab some lunch?" he asked hopefully.

"yeah sure," i said with a smile.

we walked towards the nearest cafe and sat down at a table.

"so hows your uncle?" he asked.

"oh uncle coop is pretty good," i said with a chuckle. "the other day he fell in the pool."

"wait actually?" he asked with a laugh.

"yeah, he claimed that he was trying to clean it," i said.

"what's that book your reading?" he asked, taking notice of the book i was still clutching.

"oh it's called the seamstress, it's about a seamstress and how she turns into a bollywood star," i said glancing down at the book in my arms.

"sounds interesting," he said, resting his chin on his hand, and i couldn't help but notice how adorable he looked doing that.

"yeah it is," i said, but before i could say anything else a waitress came up to the table.

"puedo ofrecerles algo de beber? (can i get you guys anything to drink?)" she asked, as she smiled flirtatiously at pablo.

i felt a bubble of jealousy as he asked for a water, and she turned to me with a slight glare, "strawberry açaí tea."

she smiled again at pablo before walking away and i slouched down in my seat.

"what?" he asked cocking an eyebrow. "jealous?"

"maybe," i mumbled before grinning at him.

he smiled at me and i noticed the faint blush across his cheeks, "so i heard that you play soccer?"

"yeah i play for a club back in san antonio," i told him as the waitress came back to our table with the drinks

"what position do you play?" he asked me as she set down our drinks.

i was about to answer him when i was rudely interrupted, "oh i-"

"hey sexy aqui esta mi numero (hey sexy here's my number)," she said handing him a slip of paper with a wink.

he looked her dead in the eye and stood up out of his seat, walked across the cafe to the nearest trash can, and while looking her dead in the eye threw the slip of paper away.

both of our jaws dropped as he walked back to the table, and she immediately walked away.

"so you were saying?" he said, resting his chin back on his hand.

"that was hot."