-part 41-

i awoke to my head lying on pablo's chest, and i felt a throbbing pain. i tried to get up but he was holding onto me.

"hey, are you okay?" he asked looking down at me.

"never again am i doing a backflip," i groaned to which everyone chuckled.

"it's pedris fault," ferran said. "he always has to ruin everything."

"shut up," pedri said from across the fire.

we were still at the beach, and the fire was still burning. everyone was surrounding it, either sitting on towels or just on the sand.

i adjusted my position, and now i was laying with my back against pablo's chest, and i was laying in between his legs. he wrapped his arms around my waist from behind, and i leaned back into him.

for the next hour we talked and laughed about anything and everything. they had gotten some ice on the bus for me to put on my head, and pablo was holding it on my head for me.

"okay i think i'm ready to go, but i don't know about you guys," lewandowski said looking around the group.

there were murmurs of agreement and people began to gather up their stuff. pablo helped me stand up and he insisted on carrying me to the car.

"i'm fine, you can put me down," i whined.

"nope," he said.

he placed me down softly in the passengers seat and i grinned stupidly at him.

"what?" he asked.

"sometimes i just wanna squeeze your face," i said laughing uncontrollably.

"are you sure you didn't give her any drugs?" henry asked from behind us.

"look the ceilings moving," i said pointing up at the top of the bus.

"she must be tired," pablo muttered.

"now that you mention it, i kinda am tired," i said with a yawn.

i leaned my head on pablo's shoulder and before i knew it i was sleeping.

i awoke to us pulling up at the house, we had already dropped all the players off and my friends were already filing out of the bus.

pablo came around to the passengers side, and he helped me down.

"can you stay here tonight?" i whispered, looking up at him.

"are you sure?" he asked with his eyebrows furrowed.

i nodded and he followed me inside. we went straight up to my room and i immediately laid down in my bed. he went around to the other side and laid down next to me.

"i have practice at 5am tomorrow," he told me.

"i'll go with you," i mumbled.

"no i'm not getting you up at 5am," he said firmly.

"yes i want to go with you, please," i said making puppy dog eyes at him.

"ugh fine," he groaned, turning over to lay on his back.

i scooted over to him, lying my head on his chest. he wrapped his arm around me and pulled me close. he planted a kiss on the top of my head, and with that i fell asleep.