-part 49-

the time that i had dreaded had come. i was flying home tomorrow, and i knew i had to do it. i walked into the camp nou stadium, with one goal- to talk to pablo.

it had been a week since we has spoken, but i knew it would break me if i left without speaking to him. i had called xavi ahead of time to see what time they had practice, and he said that they had it at 5:00am.

so here i was at 4:45 in the morning, sleep deprived, and a little lost.

"oh y/n! perfect! xavi wants to see you in his office," the receptionist, sara said. she got up and motioned for me to follow her. i followed her to a pretty big office and i sat down and waited.

a few minutes later xavi came in and sat down across from me.

"y/n, i want to make an offer," he said.

"okay," i said, curious as to what he had to offer me.

"i know you have to go back to the us to finish high school. but when you are done i would like to have you on the barcelona women's team. i have spoken with your high school coaches, and your stats are some of the best in the whole country. and i know you have a connection with a certain player, so i figured this would be a good chance." he said slowly, seemingly trying to get me to understand.

"wow," i said letting out a breath.

"i know it's a lot to take in," he said before looking up.

i turned around to see a man come in, "y/n this is the women's coach, jonatan giraldez."

i stood up to shake his hand before speaking, "nice to meet you."

"and you as well," he responded. "i've heard a lot about you from xavi, and of course gavi.

my heart hurt from hearing his name, i had almost forgotten i was here for him.

"so y/n here's how it would work. we would have you come back after you finish your senior year. during the summer you would sign all the contracts and we would get you registered and stuff. so by the time the next season rolls around you would be able to play. you can still attend college of course, but it would have to either be online or here in barcelona." xavi explained.

"of course you wouldn't have to answer today, but we would probably need an answer by march." jonatan added.

"yeah i'm gonna need some time to think about it," i said with a chuckle.

"well we just wanted to speak with you about this, just let me know okay?" xavi said to which i nodded. i stood up and walked out of his office, heading towards the men's field.

i watched as they all walked to the locker room, and i recognized gavi immediately. i decided to wait on the bench until he got back out.

it was crazy to think that one day i could be playing here at camp nou. i had always loved soccer, but i never ever thought that id have a chance to play professionally. before i knew it the boys were heading out of the locker room towards the exit.

"get back together with him please, it's been miserable," ferran said, clasping his hand together and making a begging motion.

"i agree," pedri said, to which most of the team nodded in agreement. i chuckled at them, i loved this team.

gavi was the last to come out, and when he saw me he sped up his walks a bit. i stood up and we made eye contact for a second before i looked down at my hands and fidgeted with my ring.

"i'm sorry," he blurted out. "i'm so, so, so unbelievably sorry."

"i-" i started before he interrupted.