{Chapter 3}

Eden

I walk in silence next to Thoran, ignoring each stifled grunt he tries to utilize to get me to focus on him. Fig had business in Hogsmeade so our conversation in regards to Sebastian was cut short. As far as I can tell Sebastian is well-loved in Slytherin and constantly making trouble for himself. Regardless, I'm still curious as to why he felt the need to threaten me without even knowing me.

"We're here," Thoran says, jolting me away from my train of thought.

The lighting in this part of Hogwarts is melancholy, dark, and quite honestly extremely comforting. Not much sunlight permits in this part of the school. The ambiance has been made to fit the house aesthetic very well. Thoran nudges open the common room door. My eyes plaster to the large marble pillars surrounding the room. Old paintings line the walls, and gaggles of students make their way in and out of the room making sure to offer us small nods of acknowledgments.

"Well, I can get used to this," Thoran says. A large smile consumes his face.

"Are you one of the new students?" an unfamiliar voice quietly mutters.

A blonde boy with a pretty face stands near us. His wand illuminates a deep rich red as he navigates closer toward us. His eyes shake, not quite focusing on one thing. If I didn't know any better I'd say he can't see. For some reason, his face looks entirely distant yet so familiar. 

"Yes actually. My name is Thoran and this is my sister Eden" Thoran says, extending out a hand before quickly realizing that action would go unnoticed.

"You're the new seventh years Sebastian was talking about." The boy says. A stifled laugh escapes my mouth at the idea of him actually having anything remotely kind to say about us to anyone.

"Sorry did I say something wrong?" The boy says quietly. He's unsure of why I felt the need to laugh.

"No, not at all, it's just Sebastian's only interaction with me was less than pleasant. I'm surprised he had anything to say about us at all." I finally settle on saying.

"I wasn't exactly thrilled to be speaking to you either Pierce." his arrogant voice beams. 

I turn around to see Sebastian's stoic gaze reaching my own. His robe is now gone and replaced with his normal day-to-day uniform. A green tie is firmly placed around his throat. A girl trails behind him, like a puppy waiting for admiration from its master. Nothing but anger seems to flash behind her eyes each time she looks at me.

"I heard it was you that was not very welcoming to our new friends here." The blonde boy states. He's clearly in some type of friendship with Sebastian.

"Now now Ominis, don't get to spun up. I promise they aren't anything to marvel at." The girl behind Sebastian sneers. My eyes immediately dart to her smug expression.

"Did he not give you enough pets before you came out here?" I question, motioning towards Sebastian. His face is hiding what I can only assume is a smirk.

"Bitch-" The girl begins towards me. Sebastian is quick to raise his hand in front of her.

"You do sound desperate Imelda. Why don't you go and make trouble elsewhere?" Ominis says with a smile. Sebastian offers her nothing but a nod in agreeance, leaving her with no other option than to sulk away. I'd better sleep with one eye open.

Thoran peers down at me with a scowl. I wonder if he can just address me permanently with that expression so he can save himself some time forcing his muscles into that position so often when looking at me.

"Boy's quarters are on the left, girls on the right. Both have a large bathroom to accommodate the student's needs. I'm sure you'll easily be able to find your things in your chests." Ominis says, maintaining his friendly attitude.

"They call lights out at 9 pm, but we are all up well past that time. Everyone here knows our common room is the place to experience a little freedom on a weekend night." Sebastian says drawing closer to the small group we managed to make. His arm is close enough to brush mine. Thoran shuffles, feeling a bit inferior next to Sebastian's raised shoulders.

"I guess we will see won't we," Thoran says, clasping his hands together, just like Fig. It's a trait he must have gathered in our countless months of training with him.

"I can take you to our common room if you'd like," Ominis says. his eyes pan over in the general direction of Thoran.

Thoran offers a small "thank you" before shooting me a glance questioning if I felt comfortable being alone with Sebastian after the altercation earlier. I slightly nod. My hand grazes the hilt of my loaner wand that I so desperately wish to part with. With that, he follows Ominis toward the rooms. 

"Do you always drag bratty witches around with you to feed your ego?" I question. Sebastian's eyes pan down at me. Something is hidden behind his gaze. Something playful, and maybe even dangerous.

"I would have thought after our last interaction you wouldn't be so inclined to speak to me so abruptly," he says, taking a small step forward to increase the anxiety he knows he creates.

His hair frames his face in wild curls. It's something in another life I would have wanted someone to paint just to remember it. 

"If you want to grab me again in front of all these people be my guest. The last thing I'll let you do is intimidate me." I hiss feeling myself take a step toward him. I clench my jaw, peering into his eyes with disdain.

He lowers his head. The warm feeling of his breath grazes the side of my face sending shock waves through me. Chills travel down my spine in ways I have never felt before. I can hear his lips part. It's the sound of a grin traveling across his face.

"Imelda is good for a quick pity fuck since you seem so curious why she just won't leave me alone. I'm always available to show you what exactly she is craving in case you're interested." Sebastian quietly mutters. My face immediately heats red from embarrassment.

I turn to face him. There is no more playful banter anywhere on his face. He's being a vindictive asshole. He wants a reaction from me. 

"Fuck you." I let out, nudging him as hard as I can. 

He grunts slightly from the shove giving me the smallest bit of satisfaction. It only is a matter of seconds before I am out of the main common room and in the girls sleeping quarters.