{Chapter 6}

Eden

Thoran makes his way over to us. His face is filled with much more anger than confusion. I'm not sure what lies Trevor had managed to weasel into his mind in the few hours we had managed to slip away.

"You didn't think, Hey maybe I should tell my brother I'm gonna ditch him in Hogsmeade to go do who knows what with Sebastian?" Thoran questions. His gaze pans from me and then to  Sebastian.

"It wasn't like that-" I begin, Thoran immediately cuts me off with a loud scoff.

"Trevor said he went outside to look for you after the conversation we had to apologize. I didn't believe him when he told me Sebastian was forcing himself onto you till just now-" Thoran begins. Ominis looks visibly distressed.

"I didn't touch your sister in any way she didn't want. Last time I checked I was the one there when she needed help, not you" Sebastian says. He angrily closes the space between Thoran and me making sure to grab Thoran's collar tightly.

"You think I'll let you add her to your little roster of women you fuck and then dump?" Thoran says. He grabs tightly onto Sebastian's forearm.

"Both of you please shut up for two seconds and let her talk." Ominis finally says. I know he can feel the tension increase from a mile away.

They both stop, slowly lowering their hands.

"Some fucking asshole tried touching me outside of the Three Broomsticks. He was hurting me and I didn't want to do anything stupid, but he almost made me. Sebastian was stopping by after he got Ominis's owl and managed to pull the guy off of me. We both got hurt in the process and that's why he brought me back here. That's the only reason Sebastian was as close to me as he was. Nothing is happening between us Thoran."

I can see Sebastian's face wince at the last part. A part of me wonders if I said the right thing.

"And he saw nothing other than the man?" Thoran questions. My mind races to my glowing eyes.

Lie.

"No, just the man," I say, sounding as convincing as I possibly can.

"I told you-" Sebastian starts, shoving Thoran back a good few feet. "there's nothing going on between her and me," Sebastian says. He turns on his heels to face me. "Consider this an IOU Pierce. Dont, come crying to me next time you need something." Sebastian spits. My chest fills with pain as the weight of his words comes crashing down on me.

Why the hell is he acting like nothing just happened?

Sebastian turns away, moving quickly past Ominis while muttering something under his breath. Ominis mouths an "I'm sorry" before following in his best friend's trail.

Thoran stands looking at me. A look of disapproval lines his face.

"In case you were wondering, I'm fine by the way. It must be hard to have a little sympathy when you're too busy standing on some fucking pedestal all the time." I spit at Thoran. 

I leave him standing alone in the ever-looming shadows of the hospital wing.

***

I spent most of the night tossing and turning. Partially from the pain, but partially from the weight of Sebastain's words. It took me a bit longer than normal to pull myself out of bed. My shower was perfectly timed to avoid human interaction. The cuts sting harshly with each stroke of running water. Without help, it's been difficult to fully dress the wounds. I stick with the black skirt and white blouse, pulling on a pair of black tights to warm my legs. I quickly put on the green tie before gathering my hair into a mess on top of my head. Multiple flyaways line my face. Finally, I yank on my robe. Its warmth brushes away the cold air of the common room.