{Chapter 25}

Thoran

I groggily pry open my eyes, every part of my body threatening to scream at me with each minuscule movement. I feel a weight on my chest, Ominis's head lay peacefully unbothered, his mouth spilling drool onto me as if he is in the deepest sleep he has ever felt in his whole life. I see the I.V. drip hang above me, its contents now empty as whatever pain reliever they were giving me finally wears away.

I glance to my side, my sister's confined figure sits crammed on the chair next to the cot, her eyes closed with her hand supporting her head from falling forward. She must have been exhausted in order to fall asleep like that. I scan my surroundings, looking for any sign of her counterpart.

Ominis begins shifting, his head jolting up, inches away from hitting my nose.

"Good morning sunshine." I let out, his hand reaching to my chest, only to be met with a small puddle of his own spit.

"Dont tell me that's my drool." He whispers, nearly recoiling when all I offer him is a small laugh.

"I've had worse things happen to me apparently." I let out, still wearing the tattered clothing I had been brought here in.

I peer back over at my sister, the dark eye circles under her eyes more prevalent the longer I look at her. Her face looks more sunken in. These past few days must have been having more than just a mental toll on her.

"Why did Eden sleep here last night?" I question Ominis, slowly he pulls himself up into a seated position.

"I think she was just exhausted and didnt feel like trying to sneak back into our sleeping quarters to be with Sebastian." He says, her body shifting more the longer we speak.

I smile at Ominis, feeling myself draw him closer to me. He doesent argue, being extra careful where he places his hands, ultimately deciding to leave them at my sides. I grab the side of his face, pressing his lips firmly against mine. He smiles against the kiss, his lips warm and gentle as they slowly make their way across my face, making sure to feel each spot before he kisses.

"You are my muse." I let out, pulling him into me, letting myself lean back with him.

Out of the corner of my eye, I spot Sebastian, his eyes scanning the area until they land on us, specifically next to us. Ominis smiles, pulling away from the kiss, my eyes averted to my sister, her eyes now wide open, and staring right at Sebastian. I see her sitting on something, tucking it farther beneath the chair's cushion the closer Sebastian approaches. Her eyes find mine, ignoring my confused gaze at what it is she might be hiding from him.

Sebastian makes his way over, resting a hand on my shoulder. A wide grin encases his face, his freckles more prevalent with all the sunlight in this wing.

"Feeling better?" he questions as I stretch my arms out, the pain duller than what I had started with.

"Little by little." I let out, moving to swing my legs off the bed so I can finally move around.

Ominis doesent put up a fight, instantly scooting away from the bed to offer me some room. Sebastian makes his way over to Eden, his hand pulling her chin up to look at him. I know he sees it now, how exhausted she looks.

"My love, you could have come back to bed with me, I'm sure sleeping in that chair didnt help much," he says, helping her gradually raise to her feet.

He wraps his hand around her waist, his shirt clinging to her body, her ribs more prominent through the thin material.

"When's the last time you ate Eden?" I question, her eyes hovering on my own as if she needs to speak to me.

"It's been a while." She finally lets out, shaking her head as Sebastian plants a small kiss on her forehead.