{Chapter 24}

Rowan

Andrew's eyes pass over me with hate. I have a relaxed position on one of the many unnecessary chairs in his foyer only adding to his anger. He looks a lot like his daughter in the eyes. Their similarities die out with each malicious scowl on his face. His new manor is hidden, warded with spells I'm sure even the most experienced professors at Hogwarts could not get rid of.

"How do you just lose my daughter again boy? Hm? I send you to go grab her and her foolish brother, and then I find out you had to use my blood magic to kill our own and revive her brother from the dead. You have no idea how much that drained me." he angrily shouts, pointing to me as I roll my eyes at him.

"One of your idiots killed her brother, almost killed her. You asked me to gain their trust, have I not done that if Im still sitting here?" I question, his gaze narrowing as he navigates through my lie.

Any trust I've built with the pierce twins was because I wanted to, not because he needed me to. I could care less what he wants.

"Your cocky Rowan, and arrogant. Youre as bad as that boy she can't seem to stop sleeping with-" He begins, my eyes narrowing at a detail Id rather not hear.

Two men stand next to me, the same men that dragged me in here to speak to Andrew.

"Your daughter's personal life is her own." I let out, pulling myself to my feet.

"Id think you'd be more inclined to interfere given what you know about the Sallows, the whole point is you bring my daughter to me alive, not manipulated." Andrew seethes, my mind wavering over what he's referring to.

"Are  you going to stand here all night telling me about your kids that I want nothing to do with, or are you going to put on a show for these two idiots." I hiss, a low laugh leaving him as he shakes his head.

"It's so unfortunate Rowan-" he begins, motioning towards his men. They drive their hands into my shoulders, clawing away at my shirt until my back is fully exposed to them. They pull out their wands, chaining my arms down next to me. "You continue to be so arrogant in light of all that you know." he finishes, slowly creeping behind me.

"If I do this you'll leave them alone? All of your kid's companions?" I question, shoving away any reaction he was wanting me to give him.

"Maybe-" He says, his fingers now replaced with that of razor-sharp talons. I grunt, thrashing away as he slowly slices down my back. It's painful and familiar.

"I'm starting to think I know of another way to get her to come here. Willingly." He says, coming down on me again, his talon slashing deeper.

I feel myself shake at the pain, his smile flashing in my peripherals.

"Let him go," Andrew says, the constraints suddenly fading as I grasp the ground in front of me, stopping myself from falling forward.

"Clean yourself up" He says, tossing me a rag as he looks down at me. "If you continue to fail me, you'll never get back what you were promised." He seethes, my chest feeling weighted at his words.

He walks away, grabbing his glass of whiskey, smiling deviously, before pouring it down my back. I groan, pressing my head into the floor as he tosses the glass on a nearby table.

"you don't want an infection," he says maniacally, his men laughing as they peer down at me.

"I have a guest if you'll excuse me," Andrew says stepping past me. He disappears through one of the many halls in the house, leaving me bloodied, imagining his heart being crushed in the palm of my hand.

***

Eden

I find myself jolting awake in Sebastian's arms, inklings of a nightmare fading from my mind as quickly as they came. My back is sweating. Sebastian's out like a light, his cute sleepy face pressed firmly into the pillow. I look around, some people throwing me sideways glances as they get themselves ready for bed. I keep my attention away, my eyes scanning the ground for any sign of my shoes. I pull away from Sebastian, dragging myself to the floor, my eyes scanning rapidly under his bed.