The library

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry potter or any other referenced properties 

Y/n's POV:

Night began to close over the castle at five and I made my way down to the library in an over-sized pale blue hoodie and some navy long loose pajama bottoms decorated with tiny constellations. This was mostly because I couldn't be bothered to change once again once I return to the common room this evening. 

When I arrived at the library there were still a large gaggle of 3rd year Hufflepuffs chatting insistently to the librarian who seemed thankful for the interest in her word as moody as she usually was she was smiling widely and ushered them further towards a shelf of transfiguration books. There were some Ravenclaw 6th years perched at the closest tables to the door each of them surrounded by a small crescent of open books and taking frantic notes. I turned away from them and made my way towards the back of the library where there was always space at the tables facing the walls, which also featured many stained glass windows which told the story of the founding of Hogwarts. They were beautiful especially at this time of the day when the light shone through them perfectly so that the vibrant colours were shone onto the book shelves creating a vague shadow of the towering windows. 

The corners of my mouth tugged in delight at the sight. The weight of my bag and the pressures of school melting away at the perfect sight. Moments later the sun had sunk further in the sky and the moment had gone. 

"It's beautiful isn't it?" asked a slightly husky voice from behind me. I turned around to see Mattheo leaning against the bookshelf his face as peaceful as I knew mine must be. 

"I love it" I agreed "it's like fire and water colliding beautifully" He smiled again then with a huff pushed himself from the book shelf and strode over to the desk I was stood beside dumping his bag down. 

"So darling, What are we doing this evening?" he asked. I pulled out my books and sat beside him. 

"I'm thinking potions. What do you want to do Theo?" there was a second of quiet and he quirked his head at me eyebrows raised. 

"Theo?" he asked 

"Well you only ever use nicknames for me so..." 

"So you figured you should have one for me?" he finished my thought and I nodded slightly. He considered me for a second then nodded as well. "potions sounds good to me sweetheart, and so does the nickname" his smirk had returned infuriating as ever and I rolled my eyes at him opening my tattered, second hand potions book to the ingredients page and beginning to make notes on their properties, this weeks homework.

The scratching of our quills against the parchment filled the quiet comfortably. Occasionally one of us would comment on the work but it wasn't a hugely difficult task so we were able to chat idly about our days and bitch about Umbridge ( something that was fast becoming the schools favorite past time. Fred and George now exclusively refer to her as Umbitch). 

When we were nearly finished the conversation turned to my family he seemed fascinated with what had happened during my childhood  "So you have seven siblings?" he asked in astonishment. 

"Yep six brothers and Ginny" I said with a smile "We used to play four a side quidditch up in the apple orchid during the summer it was the best" I reminisced happily. 

"That sounds incredible" he said gazing at my face as he spoke. 

"It was but we couldn't do as much this summer..." I trailed off the disillusionment charm around Grimald place prevented me from being able to tell him anything. "any way whats you're family like?" I stuttered quickly trying to cover my mistake. I didn't trust him enough to tell him everything yet.