Walker duty.

I wake up and stretch, my arms popping making me cringe. I sat down back on the bed looking at the gray cell wall when I realize, today is my. walker duty with Carl. I groan covering my face with my hands.

I have nothing against Carl, hes super cute and hes kind of my crush but one problem, hr hates me. He's never talked to me and when he does he either says Im doing something wrong or to yell at me because I make a mistake. Weirdo.

I change into black tights with a purple half-sleeved shirt and walk out of my cell. I go down the stairs into the main hall and Carol gives me a granola bar for breakfast.

I finish it in no time cause its barely six inches but nonetheless I was grateful for it.
I brush some dust of my tights and Im about to head outside when Rick stops me.

"You should call Carl, he's still in bed, I would've but I have to go get Judith" Rick said giving me an apologetic look.

As much as I want to day no, the poor guy is tired and the last thing he wants to deal with is his obnoxious son.

"Alright" I smile and began to walk back upstairs and towards Carls cell. I knock on the cell door but I hear no response so I let myself in.

I push back the curtain and sunlight enters into the dark room also directly on Carl's face.

"Who is it?" Carl says annoyed.

"Me, (y/n)"

"What do you want?" He groans, getting up from his bed. He was shirtless and I got a pretty good view.

"We have walker duty together, so dress up and be outside on time." I try to dound confident as I say my words looking the other way because if I look at him I'll be staring directly at his chest, if I get caught, it would be embarrassing.

"Fine I'll get my knife." He simply states, he grabs knife which was under his pillow, which is not mention dangerous but who are you to say anything?

He exits the cell with me behind and we finally go outside. I just want to get this over with and sleep.

The ground is completely empty except for me and Carl which results in complete silence, cause me and Carl barely converse.

We've been killing walkers for the past thirty minutes continuously, no breaks. I stop to catch my breath, I look over to Carl who isn't stopping at all. His reflexes are really fast as he kills one walker to another.

I go back to my work until I feel my ankle tugged and I fall to the ground, I see walker and my first move is to scream.

"CARL HELP!" His head turns to me, all I could see was dear on his face. He runs over to me, chopping the walkers arm off. I quickly back away breathing heavily.

Carl takes a deep breath and without saying anything walks back to his spot. I cant help but think about the fear in his eyes for me?

I decide to shut the thoughts out and focus on my work, checking if there were any walker hands beside my feet.

Duty finally ends. Carl and I are heading back to the prison when I decide to speak up.

"Um thanks for saving me. I would've probably been scratched and turned by now if it wasn't for you." I take deep breath and look into his eyes that have no emotion.

"I doubt it but no problem." He walks in and I sigh. I was hoping to get close or something or maybe friends but its never going to happen.

I groan as someone shakes my from my sleep, "who the fuck is-" I sit up and start to angrily question the person who has destroyed my slumber until my eyes meet with a pair of blue ones and my heart stops at our close distance. 

"Woah, its just me." I rub my eyes to make sure its actually Carl and my suspicions are confirmed.

"What do you want?" I groaned, falling back onto my sweet bed, closing my eyes.

"To talk."

"Speak."

"I know you want to be friends." My eyes flew open.

"Um okay.." I trail off wondering if hes actually a mind reader.

"I saw the look of disappointment when I left you outside and Im sorry for bring s complete ass to you—its just-" Carl runs a frustrated hand through his hair and sighs.

I sit up and face him completely, grabbing hid hands in mine.

"What is it?" I ask, trying to maintain my beating heart that just accelerated its pace.

"I really like really like you." He finally admits, holding your hands tight and closing his eyes.

"Well, I think I really like you too." His eyes snap back olen and he smiles widely.

The next action caught ne off guard because he pressed his lips to mine causing my insides to explode.

He kisses me passionately and I smile into it.

Edited.