Chapter 26: Going to 2012 and 1970

Since we knew that the time machine worked, we needed to go to 2012, where I first attacked new York.

 "of all the places, why there?" I asked Natasha as we went down to the armoury, "because the tesseract is there, you idiot! how many times did I have to tell you that?" she replied angrily.

 I sighed and hurried downstairs, I never liked 2012, it was the time where charlotte got kidnapped by HYDRA, "WHERE IS LOKI? WE NEED TO GO!" tony called, I then turned into a raven and flew downstairs.

 I accidently transformed on thor, who yelled in surprise, "Oops" I smirked, then nebula gave me and the others some little bracelet things, I strapped mine to my hand like everybody else, "ok now, guys, go to your team, we're going in" a helmet formed around my head and I closed my eyes and me, tony, hulk, scott and captain america went to New York city in 2012 while clint and natasha went to vormir and thor and rocket the raccoon went to asgard.

NEW YORK CITY, 2012

I looked around and saw the chitarui, the others looked at the broken street and then looked at avengers tower.

 "ok, now, the tesseract is up there. we need to get to it and take it" steve demanded, we heard a loud scream hit the air and we looked up to see charlotte on the chitauri boat, steering it to the tower, I turned pale a little when I saw the chitauri reach for it's knife and stab charlotte's arm as she reached the tower.

 "hey, loki. LOKI!" stark snapped me awake, I turned to him and said "what? I-I was just looking at, uh....." "charlotte?" tony interrupted "yeah, let's continue the mission" I replied, we then began running to the tower as fast as we could go.

 banner had to look for the time stone, which was in the Sanctum Sanctorum, tony went to fly to the balcony with scott, and steve went to get my scepter, I had nothing to do, so I decided to turn myself into a guard and see what is going on.

 after a few moments, I got a BIT bored, so I set a snake loose in the first floor and another guard hit it and dumped it in the trash bin.

 I chuckled, but then two people carrying a stretcher came out of an elevator, and on the stretcher was charlotte.

 "excuse me, sir, sick person coming through!" one of the men carrying the stretcher said, I then moved out of the way and watched them haul charlotte away.

 then the 2012 avengers came downstairs with 2012 me, I looked better than I was now, "hm, so that's how charlotte fell in love with me" I thought to myself, 2012 loki looked at me in surprise, then I remembered that I can read minds.

 "oh, great" I muttered, backing away, I bumped into another security guard, who spun around to face me.

 "LOKI!? WHAT ARE YOU DOING, HERE?" he hissed, I whispered that I was bored, "anyways, where's scott?" I asked him, "scott? he's busy tryna knock me out" he casually replied, I looked at 2012 tony, who was arguing with another man, then 2012 tony fell to the ground, shaking uncontrollably.

 "HELP! SOMEONE GET HELP!" thor called, "someone help this man!" tony called, the box containing the tesseract was kicked to tony, and then he carried it away. we then began walking towards the exit, which was near a door leading upstairs.

 "ok, guys. time to get this back to head-" then the 2012 hulk burst through the doors and knocked me and tony to the ground. 

the tesseract's box opened and was sent flying to 2012 loki, who picked it up and teleported away, I helped tony up and we ran away.

 I picked up scott, who was on the ground.

 after we got away, we went into a car and waited for steve to come back, meanwhile tony and scott argued and I sat down on the ground, steve came back after a few minutes with my scepter, "I got the scepter, did you get the tesseract?" he asked us.

 "well, I screwed up the plan a bit" I began to say, but tony interrupted me, "NO. YOU. DID. NOT." he said firmly, "YOU DESTROYED OUR PLAN, YOU IDIOT!" scott yelled, I sighed and put my head in my hands, "now we can't bring everyone back!" scott said, pacing around, I looked up and saw steve thinking hard, then he went over to tony and told him about his plan.

 "we might have another chance" steve said, "well, but that's too risky, it's a one way trip" tony replied, "what's risky?" me and scott asked them in chorus, "we're going to get the tesseract again" steve replied, "what about me?" I asked him, "you stay here, don't do anything dumb" tony told me, I rolled my eyes and sat down on a car nearby.

 Steve noticed me and signaled me to come to him, "you can come" he said, "I know you wanna bring back charlotte, not everyone" he continued, "well, maybe it's that being with her, I feel loved" I replied as we suited up to go to steve's homeland, tony then noticed me and sighed. I put on the helmet and we went further back in time.

1970, BIRTHPLACE OF CAPTAIN AMERICA

"here, loki!" steve called me, throwing me a dusty looking suit, "wear that" he told me.

 I shoved on the suit and slicked my hair back, tony came in wearing more respectable looking clothes, tony looked at me up and down, and then steve called us.

 "guys, we gotta go now" he said, I then got a bag and went with steve outside, "ok, is this where you were actually born?" tony asked steve as peeked into a window, "no, this is where I trained" he replied, "well, I think that bunker over there is where the tesseract is" I said, pointing to the bunker in the middle of the camp.

 tony looked at it and scanned it, "yep, that is where the tesseract is" he confirmed, we then began walking towards it and went into an elevator, I didn't like elevators, they made me a bit sick.

 "hello, are you here for a project?" a woman beside me asked steve, I jumped a bit, I didn't see the woman, steve looked at the woman and replied "well, yeah, a project" the woman nodded her head and went on looking at a folder she was holding.

 we then got to the basement and steve went upstairs to get some 'pym particules ' from this man called hank pym, tony looked around the boxes and I looked in the folders, "found it" tony said, holding the tesseract in his iron man hands, I gave him my bag and once tony put the tesseract in the bag, we began to get out, but we heard a man call tony.

 "hey!" he said, we turned around and tony recognised his father, howard stark. howard held up a can of beans, "is this yours?" he asked us, I shook my head, and tony shook his, "oh, ok" he said, he took us back upstairs and howard talked to tony for a while.

 "I'm howard" he said, shaking tony's hand, "I'm howard too!" he said shakily, howard looked at me, "what is your name, buddy?" he patted my back, "you're a good looking chap, too!" he continued, I then told him my name is 'james'.

 "james conrad" I finished, Howard then grinned and said that his wife is having a child. "good for you, mr. stark!" I smiled. 

 we talked for a long time, I felt sorry when the elevator doors opened and we had to go outside, I looked around and saw steve waiting for us, I poked tony and told tony to say his goodbyes.

 "sorry, mr. stark, but me and conrad has to go" tony said, he then hugged howard, who was very surprised to be hugged by a complete stranger he just met. me and tony went to steve, and we prepared to leave for our time, "ready?" steve asked us, me and tony nodded, and then, we pressed the buttons going back to our time.