chapter V

after yurim start the engine and accelerate the van, all of them feel relieved while the zombies seems to ways far from them. "i feel like my stamina is being used all the way up and i can't feel my legs anymore." yunjin catch her breath from running too often to escape from the zombies.

"take a seat everyone we gonna go far away from here and don't worry I will drive this van to my parent place." yurim see the people on the front mirror. everyone take the seat and danielle gives everyone water that she got from the cafeteria before.

after all the time running saving for their lives, eventually all of them inside the van to preventing any of zombies chasing them again.  

"you guys can go to sleep or nap for a while if any of you feel exhausted from running earlier." yurim said while focusing on the road.

some of them take a nap for a while but there is one person who is still awake and the person is minju. minju that sit beside yurim fidgeting to ask yurim something important.

"umm, yurim can i ask you something?" she finally ask yurim about what she wanna ask.

"yes? Tell me about it if you have any questions? yurim speaks without a glance at minju. 

Minju is still hesitant to ask, but she can barely hold her curiosity about what she sees today.

"What do you think about what happens today? like it is so suddenly that you can't even realize that our brain can't think straight about to survive in this apocalypse?" Minju eventually let out her inner thoughts to Yurim, who was still focusing on the driving the van.

yurim that hear the question that minju ask her about that and remember thinking, how are they even survive in this apocalypse even without survivor instinct nor skill.

"your question peek my interest, minju." yurim said, and she even take a look at minju for a while but cannot be too long because she still have to focus on driving.

and then the two of them become awkwardly silent, because this is the first time that both of them talk to each other.

"uhhh... it's kinda hard to blend in with someone who you don't close with.." yurim thought to herself.

On the other seat, someone who just wakes up from a nap and looking the surrounding area and the area that doesn't feel like the way she feels when the city is still in a good state. 

"woahh, this city looking so chaotic and all the cars here are in collision like this never happen before." chaewon looking outside with all her worried face.

"right? i never seen the city look like it's gonna collide in any times." kazuha who sits beside her suddenly spoke.

as they see the whole city in chaos, both of them saw the road sign that we go to daegu and chaewon sees yurim drive the van without have any afraid or nervous like she used to driving.

"yurim do you you have any license to drive a vehicle?" 

"Of course i have a license to bring the vehicle anywhere i want to go, why do you ask btw?" yurim said without taking any glances.

"it's nothing i just found it fascinating when someone driving." chaewon put her hair behind her ear 

after a while yurim drive the van, she eventually arrived at a rest area to refill the fuel of the van because the van she took was almost empty.

"everyone wake up we arrive at the rest area here and if you guys want to go to restroom or to check the inside if there has any food or water to get." yurim open the van door and go inside the store that has the system that has an access to fill the fuel into the vehicle.

As yurim told them to them what to do, they divided into 3 groups. The restroom has 4 people, contains minju, hyein, kazuha and yunjin. The convenience store has 4 people, contains sakura, danielle, eunchae, and haerin. the last group is water supplies that has 3 people, contain minji, hanni, and chaewon.

the first group go to a convenience store and they gonna find food for them to get them energized when fighting with the zombies.

"How about we go to a convenience store there, maybe there has something that we can take from there." sakura leads them to convenience store.

as they arrive there, all of them see inside there and see many snacks that they can take to give the other. 

"so what should i take from here?" sakura go to chips section with her basket.

haerin just went ahead to the store that was keeping the stock and she found something that interesting to her eyes, a bunch of boxes of ready-to eat sausage that were inside the store. She also found a few of the bags that were laying around the corner.

"nice, i found a bag that can put a bunch of snacks inside here." Haerin picks up the bag and for herself, and she torn the box of the sausage and put the sausage inside the bag.

"dani, look what i found inside the store, a ready-to eat sausage, interesting isn't it?" haerin show the sausage to danielle.

"good job, haerin"

"wait what on your left hand? is that a bag?? great,  it's gonna be easy to us to carry a lot of food." danielle take one of the bag and haerin go to the other and give it to other.

"here the bag to put the thing easily to us to carry. so we didn't have to use our hands to bring the food."

Sakura and eunchae feel happy when haerin gives them a bag and then continues what they are doing.

"thanks, this gonna be the easy way to bring the snack without having any difficultly." eunchae said 

and then eunchae go to the water section and take all the different types of drink cans.

eunchae starts humming when she takes the drinks, but something caught her eyes and she goes to the thing.

"oho, a knife, i'll take that." eunchae take the knife and put it inside the bag. After all of them finished take the snacks and drinks, they goes to the van and gonna waiting for other.

"are you guys done with collecting snacks?" yurim ask them after she done with the refilling the fuel for the van.

"woah you guys no joking when it's come to snacks, everybody bring each other a bag that full of snacks." yurim shakes her head when she sees the four of them bring a bag that is full of snacks and other things.

"yes, look what i found there, a ready-to eat sausage." haerin show the sausage to yurim.

yurim laughed with haerin cute behaviour that she found something that can be eaten.

"good job haerin" yurim patted haerin head. haerin blushed a little when someone patted her head. 

"so the other, what do you guys brings from there?" yurim asks the other, and everybody shows what they get from the convenience store. Sakura shows her bag full of snacks such as chocolate, jelly, potato chips, and steam buns in plastic that she takes inside the steamer. She can't believe that the steam buns are left untouched.

"can i take one steam bun?" haerin ask sakura if she want to give the steam bun to her.

"just take what you want and here the bun for you." sakura give haerin the bun.

after sakura show what she get, eunchae show what she get, a different types of drinks. she just take all kind of drinks such as coffee, tea, milk, carbonated drinks. 

Lastly, danielle shows what she gets from there she gets different types of triangle kimbab, different types of kimbab, different types of sandwiches.

"you guys did a good job for the snacks and we will wait the other to arrive." yurim take banana milk from eunchae's bag and buns inside sakura's bag.