Chapter IX

After the training session and the video meeting with the director concluded, they all gathered in the lobby, patiently waiting for Yurim to join them.

"So, are all of you satisfied with this training facility? We designed it based on the martial arts skills that each of you currently possesses," Yurim inquired, seeking their feedback.

"Yes, we are! I have to admit, this is the best training facility I have ever practiced in," Minji exclaimed with enthusiasm.

"And the robots! Initially, I thought they would be incredibly heavy and difficult to maneuver during practice, but they turned out to be surprisingly manageable," Hanni shared, expressing her fascination with the robotic training partners.

"If you're curious, all the robots here are constructed with carbon fiber and Kevlar materials, along with the latest operating systems developed by our team of computer programmers at our headquarters," Yurim elaborated, providing more details about the robots' construction and technology.

After hearing the detailed explanation about the robots, they all nodded in understanding, realizing why the practice robots had a weight similar to that of a human.

"Where are we going next?" Yunjin asked Yurim, seeking clarification on their next destination."We're heading to a new place for all of you to live," Yurim explained, inviting them to join her in the elevator that would take them to the garage where a vehicle awaited to transport them to their new residence.

Yurim went to fetch a vehicle to transport her friends to the new place, and to their surprise, it turned out to be the same vehicle they had used to arrive at the location earlier.

"Are you all ready to go to our new place? I'll drive you there, and it will take us around 30 minutes," Yurim announced, opening the van's window and gesturing for everyone to get in.Once everyone had boarded the van, Yurim pulled down the handbrake and shifted the gear into drive, setting off towards their new destination.

As the drive progressed smoothly, everyone sat quietly in the van. Some engaged in quiet conversations with each other, while others simply enjoyed the tranquility without making loud noises.

"This might be a good opportunity for me to take a quick nap without any interruptions," Haerin thought to herself as she closed her eyes, looking forward to a peaceful moment of rest during the journey.

Sitting beside Haerin, Danielle noticed her slowly drifting off to sleep. She smiled softly, careful not to disturb her peaceful slumber, and decided to let Haerin rest undisturbed during the journey.

"You can rest your head on my shoulder, so your neck won't get sore after this 30-minute trip," Danielle gently suggested, patting her shoulder as an invitation for Haerin to find a more comfortable position to rest her head.

After thirty minutes of driving, they arrived at their new location, a place where they could finally find peace of mind, free from the constant worry of the zombie threat.

The new residence was fortified with an electric fence, constructed above the sturdy concrete walls that surrounded the premises. This added layer of protection offered an increased sense of security for everyone inside.

After Yurim parked the van in front of the main entrance of the residence, someone approached them.

"Welcome back, Miss Yurim. May I park your vehicle?" the valet asked Yurim politely."Yes, you may. Here are the keys," Yurim replied, handing over the keys to the valet for parking the van.

Yurim took the lead and guided them through the new residence, showing each person their respective rooms where they would be able to rest and sleep.

"This building is really nice," Sakura said, looking around the room and feeling fascinated by it."The building is big enough to accommodate twelve people for a while," Sakura thought to herself.