chapter XII

After completing their training with their personal instructors and listening to a short speech from the director, it was time for them to retire to their rooms and relax their bodies.

Sakura, who went to her bedroom first to find her hairband to tie her hair.

"Where did I put the hairband?" Sakura searched for her hairband.

She found her hairband, then picked it up and placed it in her wrist. After that, she went downstairs to the living room and met her other friends.

"What are you guys doing?" Sakura asked them as she tied her hair.

"Nothing much to do here," Minji said as she played with her butterfly knife.

Sakura joined her and sat on the couch. 

As both of them sat doing nothing but staring at the wall, Yurim walked up to them and asked. 

"Have both of you eaten already? If not, you guys can get some food from the kitchen." Yurim said.

"Let's go to the kitchen and get our food, Sakura," Minji asked Sakura, and Sakura agreed to tag along

Minju, who was on the balcony, sipped her cigarette while daydreaming. Yurim spotted Minju on the balcony and quietly approached her from behind to surprise her.

"Hello there, am I disturbing your daydreaming?" Yurim asked Minju

"Damn you, Yurim! You surprised me like that! Nah, not at all," Minju replied, trying to regain her composure. 

Minju, who continued to sip her cigarette and look at Yurim, asked, "So, how long have you been a secret agent for this company?"

"Not sure if I'd say it's long enough for me to become an agent here, but it's not too new for me to be able to do what people here do," Yurim said, while taking out her vape from her pocket.

Yurim might appear cold when you see her at the university. She seems like she doesn't want to be close to anyone there. However, the truth is that she simply doesn't know how to interact with people because she has never had peers her age at her workplace.

"So you smoke too? We might become smoking buddies here, and I'm sure I'll learn a lot of things," Minju said.

"Huuh, nope. You smoke cigarettes, meanwhile I vape. It's not in the same category," Yurim denied Minju's claim that they are the same.

Minju click her tongue in disagreement .

"What do you mean it's not the same? They still fall under the same category, which means both of them can dangerously weaken your lungs," Minju replied.

( damn.... i feel attacked by my own word...😧-bread)

"Yeah, that's right... So, since when did you start smoking?" Yurim asked.

"I started smoking when I turned 20 years old. It has become a habit of mine nowadays, and I find it difficult to quit. However, I only smoke when I'm feeling stressed, how about you?" Minju explained. 

"I started smoking cigarettes when I was 18 years old out of curiosity when my friend showed me the cigarette box. However, I switched to vaping because I didn't like the taste of tobacco hitting my throat," Yurim explained.

Minju noticed the vape that Yurim had in her hand and asked if she could take a puff from it, expressing curiosity about the flavor.

"Can I take a puff from your vape if you don't mind? And what flavor is it?" Minju asked.

Yurim handed her vape to Minju. "It's blue mint flavor. It gives a cool sensation on your throat when you take a puff," Yurim explained.

"It tastes good, but it's too cold for me. I can't handle it," Minju coughed after taking a puff.