chapter XVII

After successfully rescuing the first group of survivors and safely evacuating them to a secure location, the rescue team turned their attention to the second red zone, located in Suwon. Aware of the potential dangers that awaited them, they proceeded with caution.

As they entered Suwon, the team encountered a tense atmosphere, marked by the eerie silence of abandoned streets and dilapidated buildings. They maintained their vigilance, scanning their surroundings for any signs of life or potential threats.

"Just like before, we'll split into two teams and search for any remaining survivors in this area. If we don't find any survivors, we'll leave this place as soon as possible," Sakura directed the teams.

"Roger that," Minji acknowledged, and she led her team to separate from Sakura's team.

"Hey Eunchae, would you like some candy?" Minju asked when she noticed Eunchae wetting her lips with her own saliva to alleviate her dry mouth.

"Thanks, Minju. I actually wanted some candy to refresh my mouth," Eunchae replied, taking the candy from Minju's hand.

Eunchae unwrapped the candy and put it in her mouth.

"Minju, this candy actually tastes good. Where did you get it?" Eunchae asked Minju, curious about the source of the candy.

"I found it when we were separated at the market. We had stopped for a bit, and I happened to come across a bag of candy on the ground that was still in good condition when after I went to use the restroom," Minju explained to Eunchae.

"That makes sense to me. Thanks, Minju, for the candy," Eunchae said gratefully. She immediately became alert when she heard the sound of someone walking nearby, raising her guard.

"Minji, do you hear that?" Eunchae whispered into her earpiece since Minji was further ahead of them.

"Yes, be careful of your surroundings. We don't know if there are any zombies here that could attack us from our blind spots," Minji warned Eunchae, emphasizing the need to stay vigilant.

"Roger that," Eunchae acknowledged. She heightened her alertness, keeping her guard up and carefully checking her surroundings for any zombies, especially from her blind spots or behind her.

As Eunchae approached the bushes beside her, she felt a sense that something was moving within them.

She cautiously inspected the bushes and discovered that it was just a squirrel that had fallen from a tree.

"Pfft... Don't worry, it's just a squirrel. My bad," Eunchae said with a slight chuckle. She let go of the bushes and joined Minji where she was standing.

They continued their search for survivors who had not been affected by the virus, moving diligently to explore any possible locations where survivors might be found. They left no stone unturned in their efforts to locate and assist those in need.

"We need to split into two groups again to search for survivors, but this time we'll form groups of three people within each group. If we don't find any survivors within half an hour, we will regroup at the designated rendezvous point where we initially split up,which is here" Minji explained to her team.

"Roger that," the team responded in unison. Without wasting any time, they quickly formed their groups and immediately began searching for any survivors in the area. Their determination and efficiency drove their search forward.

Minji, Haerin, and Danielle formed  team B1, while Hanni, Minju, and Eunchae formed another team which is team B2. Each team set out on their assigned paths, determined to find any survivors in their respective areas.