dear diary...

Dear diary,

Stefan suggested writing a diary. He said these past few weeks I had Been so much, with aunt Haley dieing, then moving to mystic falls, finding out I look exactly like two other people, making me a doppelğanger (Damon was right, it's hard to spell!) then finding out I'm staying under the same roof as two vampires, and spending time with their friends, a vampire too, a werewolf, and my doppelganger. Yep it's as complicated as it sounds.

But crying about it won't help. Smashing things up won't either. But bottling it up Wasn't helping either. Stefan said I had to start letting my feelings out. But I've never really been good with that. Ecpecially with a vampire I've just met! I hardly used to open up to aunt hay, and I knew her my whole life!

But when I explained this to Stefan he suggested this. He said its a great way of letting things out. And you know what,it is! I feel better already! I know it's so much to take in,for anyone. And everyone's being supportive asking me if I'm okay and trying to help get some answers. But I still don't know what to make of it all? Am I supposed to be scared? Nervous around them? Confused? Angry?

All I feel is shock. I don't know how to feel. But I think by getting some answers it could help. Trying to wrap my head around something no one understands is kinda impossible. But my new friends, have been really kind and helpful. We're looking for clues constantly. Caroline and Damon are out know looking for documentation on my birth. Well get the answers. I know we will.

Rosie closes the dairy and slots the hanging preace of material into the holder on the front. Placing the pen on top of it. She turned over in the bed and sighed. Why? Why can't things just be normal? She thought.

Her phone buzzed from her bed side table. Reaching for it, rosie clicked the button.

Caroline: no birth certificate. Anywhere. On way to your old school. May be records there. Chin up. We'll find something. Xxx

Quickly rosie replied.

Rosie: thanks. It really means a lot how much time everyone's spending on this. I know I'll try stay positive. Speak to you soon. Xxx

Rosie placed her phone back on the table before staring back up at the ceiling. "Moping around won't do anything you know." Stefan Said at the doorway looking at rosie, who was still in bed, with a brow raised. "Nope. But it's comfortable. " rosie replied not looking away.

"Rosie. You should eat. Get some fresh air. Caroline and Damon will call you if they find anything. Until then you need to do something to take your mind of ,of things." Stefan smiled. "I know. But when aunt hay died, I just organised things and got on with it. Packed everything up and decided to come here. And here I am. I've pushed everything away for so long, I think I need to just mope around today. I will deal with life tomorrow. Just let me have today okay? I know it won't help. I know nothing will be solved. But please,just give me today? " rosie sighed.

" fine. I will. I understand. Just allow me to cook for you? Elena's with her brother, and matt and Tyler are searching for answers. No one else is around. Just come down and eat?" Stefan asked sweetly. " okay... but I'm allowed to wallow in a little self pity whilst doing so." Rosie negotiated. "What is breakfast without pity?" Stefan smirked.

"HEY! I'm sure I made that one. You used the last Nutella! " rosie exclaimed pointing at the empty pot, she had planned on dumping on her pancakes. "Yep. But there's another pot in that cupboard."Stefan pointed. " oh thank the Lord. I thought you had left me without some. I was about to throw a tantrum." Rosie said laughing. Stefan joined in too.

"Like seriously I haven't had chocolate for too long. If you had demolished my only life line. Things were about to get messy." Rosie joked. " yeah r.." Stefan began, being intercepted by a ring tone. Rosie reached for her phone placing it to her ear. Stefan can hear it anyways. She thought. Yesterday when everyone had left,rosie had bombarded Stefan with questions about his vampire abilities.

"Hello,Caroline. " rosie said into her phone. "Rosie... We found something. " Caroline hesitated. "What?"
" your birth certificate was no where to be seen. But... " Caroline stammered.
"What?" Rosie impatiently asked.
" well... It turns out your aunt wasn't really your aunt." Caroline said, wearily.

"What?" Rosie exclaimed, entering flashbacks of her aunts smile. Laugh. Accent. Smell. "Well she was no relation to anyone named belle. We did a check of hayleys family and she had no siblings. So she couldn't be your aunt. " Damon spoke now. " wait. So who is She?" Rosie asked. She could hear her voice but it sounded all wrong. The shock was eating her up. Swallowing her whole.

" she was no relation, rosie. I'm sorry." No relation. So who was she? Rosie thought. Not my aunt.

Rosie just put the phone down on the counter,before numbly moving towards the stairs. Thoughts zoomed around in her head as she tried to make sense of it all. The only person she had ever had. Ever trusted. The only family she had ever had. A stranger. And suddenly it hit her. If she's not aunt holey. My aunt. Then who am I?