dreaming...

I ran towards her. "Shhhh. Are you okay?" I asked my aunt. Her lip was pouring and she had a bruise on her cheek. "Uh-huh. You need to go,he's coming back." She whispered rubbing her cheek. "No. I'm not just gonna sit and listen to you cry. I'm not gonna let him keep doing this, aunt hay. I won't." I said rubbing her back and swiping some of the rosie red blood away.

"Hayley. Get the kid out." He said viciously, his black hair a mess. I can practically smell the booze seeping out of his pores. "No, brad. I won't 'get out'. You Need to stop this. She did nothing wrong!" I spat, grinding my teeth together. "Move. Or Al make ya." He said in his stupid 'street talk'. Why aunt haylee hadn't kicked him out yet baffled her.

"She's done nothing wrong. Now leave,before I call the police. " I turned and held my sleeve to aunts lip. It was bleeding uncontrollably now. Stupid brad. He's no good. He had been doing it for months and I'm not going to keep letting it happen. I know I'm no where near stronger than him. But I can't just sit by and watch. When Steve had turned, I had bit him, nipped him, punched,and kicked until he stopped going to hit her. He left,but returned sober to say he was sorry. Why aunt always believes them I don't know.

Suddenly a huge blow hits my head, so forceful I fall to the floor with a bang. everything goes weird. The floor is kinda half way up the wall. And the ceiling is slanted. A piercing scream echoes through the house, who the hell can scream that loud? But then I realise it's me who's screaming. I stop as soon as I can. The neighbors have already reported us, another strike and I'm sure they'll kick us out.

"Owwch." I say rubbing my head. "no brad... stop. It's me...you can hurt me." Aunt says trying to stand and reach for him. "No. She needs to learn her lesson." Brad says moving closer to me. I scramble backwards until I hit the wall. I can't move any further. I'm trapped. And he's getting close. My aunts screaming for him to stop but he won't. He just flings her to the floor, and keeps advancing on me. I shake my head sobbing. No. No. No. No.

I will the wall to sick me in. The floor to turn me to liquid. But it doesn't work. I'm still here. He's still coming close. Aunt hayles still crying on the floor.

He raises his hand as he reaches me. But I can't see him anymore. It's all to dark. Everything gone black... and the last thing I hear is my sickening,high, loud screams...

..................................................

Rosie shoots forward panting. In... and out. She tells herself breathing deep. It was a dream. It wasn't real. She soothes herself. Brad was kicked out years ago. She continues. But then it dawns on her, this isn't my room. And the months flood back to her. I'm living with the salvatores. My mom's alive. Elena is my sister. Aunt hays dead. No. Aunt hays dead?