Chapter Four: Letter Received and a Nice Visitor

America got up out of bed, he'd been unable to sleep last night. Honestly, Argentina had spooked him quite badly. He really enjoyed his sleep, even if he didn't need it. He slipped on his normal outfit and stepped out of his room, it was 6:30, he was sure he had enough time to to eat something for breakfast and take the long way to his office. Maybe he could catch Mexico before he hopped off to his job. 

Mexico was a member of the guard, and had said he'd keep an eye on Italy for him. For that, America was thankful. He could probably keep Italy from doing something stupid while his arm was healing. 

He walked into the kitchen and made himself a plate of eggs and bacon someone had made the day before. He was a little surprised there was still some left, everything considered. After he ate, he cleaned up behind himself, leaving the plate he'd eaten off of in the drying rack. 

He went to his room and checked the time, it was now 6:53, still too early to leave. 

Though Mexico should be up and dressed by now. America hummed to himself and made his way to Mexico's room. Before he got there, he ran into him in the hall, literally. 

"Sorry, didn't mean to run into you!" America apologized, helping his friends up. 

"Nah, nah! It's alright mi amigo!" Mexico said with a smile. He dusted himself off with a small laugh. "Somethin seems to be on your mind, care to tell?" 
(*My friend) 

America laughed nervously and rubbed the back of his neck with a gloved hand."I actually was going to go find you. It's about your sister" 

"¡Dios mío! What'd she do this time? Pray tell, Rosa" Mexico seemed frustrated, it wasn't the first time America had told him about his sister doing things. 
(*My god! *Rose) 

America paused, he didn't want to say everything, but Mexico could tell when he didn't say everything. "She... Pulled me into a kiss that I did not want. She still is convinced that she can 'fix' me." He said. He decided to leave out the demand for a marriage. He was certain that Argentina would tell Mexico about that herself. "I elbowed her in the stomach, sorry." 

"Good, ya finally defended yourself! 'Bout time! Anyway, I have to go. We are supposed to show up to training early today" Mexico said, patting America's head. 

"Don't forget to keep Italy from being dumb!" America yelled after his friend. 

"I won't, I won't Rosa!" 
(*Rose) 

Content, America followed, ready to head to his office the long way. The long way was more scenic, and had him walking by the flowers he liked to care for at night. He passed by the patch of chamomile flowers that were under Prince Russia's window. They looked good, even though he hadn't had time to care for them properly the night before. He was glad for that and continued his walk. Eventually, he found himself in his office. He was early, an hour or so early. It was 7:55, and his day shift started at 9. 

He noticed a large box at his door, and smiled widely. It was the supply refills he'd requested. They'd take a while to unpack, so he was glad to be early. 

At around 9, he heard someone yell "I'll live". He wasn't sure who it was, but knew it was from the direction of the prince's room. He laughed a little to himself, and went back to unpacking the box of supplies. 

It was another two hours before anything of note happened. He heard someone walk in and looked up to see who had come in. It was the prince, he was surprised that the prince was here. He scanned his gaze over him and hummed a bit to himself.

"You're not injured, are you?" He asked, his tone a lot softer than he'd intended. He had meant to use a more professional tone, but his tone was not working with him.