Chapter Sixteen: Letters and Alone Time

America happily hugged onto Russia, relaxing a little. The situation with Argentina had been very stressful. It was mostly another tirade on how he should marry her, how she could "fix" him, and she'd attempted to kiss him again. The last thing left him the most uncomfortable, it left him wanting to go and take a bath because of how wrong it made him feel. He just wanted to stay there for a moment, to stay there hugging onto Russia. He let go after Russia did, finding himself a little disappointed that they had to let go. 

"Thank you again" America said softly, smiling a little at Russia. 

After that, America went over to the cabinet that had the destressing candies. The one he'd taken from earlier had worn off, they were designed to relieve stress for long enough for the source of stress to be gone and for the person who was stressed to find a way to properly destress. He grabbed another one and took it, then closed the cabinet. 

"No problem America!" Russia said, taking a seat in the chair on the opposite side of America's desk. 

America went back and had a seat back in his chair behind his desk. He tested his head on the desk and sighed a little. 

He moved again, straightening himself out a little. He then whistled for Samuel. 

Samuel flew in and chirped happily, looking at America. 

"Samuel, please go tell Brazil, Japan, Mexico, China, the Korea twins, and Italy that something happened and I would like to be alone today." 

The crow nodded and chirped before flying out again, presumable to do as America had asked. 

America looked back at Russia and smiled a little bit at him. 

"I know my own limits. I love my friends, but I honestly think I might get too stressed if I see them after what happened" America said, looking over at Russia. 

Russia nodded a little and started to get up. 

America shook his head and reached out a little to stop him from doing so. 

"No- I'd like to hang out with you, please stay" America said, looking at Russia. 

Russia seemed to buffer for a moment before sitting back down. 

"Okay then. I'll stay" He said, sitting back down where he'd been before. 

America smiled a little. 

"You can leave if you want, I just didn't want you to leave because of what I said- "America said, trying to clear up any misunderstandings. 

"I thought that you might want to be alone, and thought you might want me to leave " Russia responded. 

America sighed a little and looked at him. 

"I don't want you to leave! If I implied that, I didn't mean to!" America said, blushing a little. "I actually want to see you here a bit more often." 

"I thought you might want me to leave, as you said you don't want to hang out with your friends." Russia explained. 

America shook his head vigorously. "I don't want you to leave! I actually really like when you're around." 

Russia smiled at that and looked generally happy when he heard that. 

Russia's happiness was infectious, getting America to smile as well. He found himself hoping that Russia might stick around for a little longer. He wasn't sure what Russia Russia usually did, and hoped he wasn't keeping Russia from it. He liked being around Russia, but hoped he wasn't keeping him from any obligations. 

"Well, I don't want to keep you from anything. So if I am, please tell me!" America said, wanting to make sure he wasn't keeping Russia here if he had anything else to do.