Chapter Forty-five: Sickness and Promises

Russia had to wake himself up a bit more before he went to dinner, so spent a couple minutes doing that before he left the area.

Once he was more awake, he went to dinner and ate fairly quietly, only talking when spoken to, he didn't have the energy to start any conversations with his siblings, family, or really anything.

His dad had noticed and had asked him about it, he admitted he was tired and that today was an off day for him. His dad had told him to go to bed, and so here he was, in his room, waiting by the window to see America. He was excited and nervous about America's reaction, but hoped it would be positive.

He smiled when he saw America come over to the chamomiles and get the encased letter from them.

He noticed that America seemed to get spooked after opening and reading the letter. He hoped he actually hadn't scared him, but smiled as America relaxed again. He was glad he wasn't too spooked. He sighed a little and rubbed his eyes, going back to his bed and laying down. He wasn't feeling very well, and hoped he'd feel better in the morning. He tossed and turned in the bed before eventually falling asleep. It was a fitful sleep, but sleep nonetheless.

He woke up and he was shivering, but not cold. The blankets were off of him, and he wasn't cold. He was sweating. He also felt even less energetic than before. He'd be able to function, but he would feel like shit if he tried.

Plus he'd promised to be by the fountain for most of the day. He couldn't just not be there whenever America decided to show up.

He also didn't want the information that he was feeling under the weather to get back to America, because then there was no way in hell he'd be getting to the fountain before America. Plus he wasn't even that sick. It wasn't the sickest he'd gotten, and America watching over him while he had was at most a one day cold would be overkill.

So he got up and stretched, not succeeding in making himself feel better. He grabbed some clothes and haphazardly got himself ready for the day, hoping no one would call the little healer to come force him back to bed.

He headed down to the dining room tiredly, getting himself something to eat before taking a seat at the table. While he was eating, his father came in, took a good look at him before rolling his eyes.

"Back to bed with you." His father stated. "Or do I have to call your little crush to make you?"

Russia flustered a little bit but finished eating. "I'm not gonna." he grumbled, blinking tiredly.

Soviet looked at Russia then hummed, walking off.

Russia shrugged, not sure what his dad was going to do. America wasn't on shift yet and wouldn't be for about another hour and a half, so he would probably be fine. He didn't think Soviet would bother America before his shift started.

So he continued to eat, he'd probably be fine for the next hour and a half. America would probably then have the initiative to kick his ass to bed because he'd be in working hours. He continued to eat, getting up and going to clean his plate after he finished eating. He was in the middle of cleaning when he was pulled away from the sink.

He reached out to turn it off and started looking around, confused.

"I'm taking you back to bed." America's voice was gentle but stern. He also heard a quiet chuckle from the other. "C'mon"

Russia found that America was the one who'd pulled him away from the sink. He was surprised, he didn't think that America would be around the castle at the time.

"Surprised, Rus?" America said with a small laugh. "I like to show up early. Plus, it's actually later than you thought."

"What do'ya mean " Russia asked, blinking tiredly.