Chapter Ten: Asleep by the Flowers

America smiled to himself as he walked around the small market, he'd seen a few things he'd be coming back for later. But for now, he was looking for general snacks to give to patients. He wouldn't let himself be a crow and collect shiny things yet. He could do that when he'd gotten what he required for his office. He needed to find the stalls with small non-perishable foods, which were quite spread out, to his dismay.

He couldn't bring himself to mind too much, it kept him outside and out of his office for longer. Sure, his office was nice, but he liked being outside quite a bit more. It was freeing to him. It was perfect weather really, the sky was slightly cloudy, meaning that the sun wasn't in his eyes at all times. It was a cool temperature day, but not too cold. It was the most comfortable type of weather for him. If it was colder, he wouldn't mind much as he was a shifter for a more winter-faring cat species. He quite liked the current temperature though. It was part of why he'd been so willing to settle and become a healer here.

He reminded himself why he was out here, at the market and continued his search for foods that would help restore energy to his patients. He smiled at a sweet old lady who was selling dried fruit slices.

He walked over to her stall and checked the prices she had written down on the sign.

He happily ordered a good amount of them, exchanging some of the money he had on himself for enough dried fruit slices to keep him from coming out for at least another month.

He actually got more than he usually would have, remembering what Samuel had told him before he left the castle grounds.

He found himself hoping that the prince would like them. He shrugged the thought off with a thought of "if not, more for me and my patients!".

He walked to another stall and got some more sunflower seeds from one of the other vendors. The person was tall and had brown hair. They had a calm disposition, and seemed sweet but standoffish. But he was here for sunflower seeds, not analyze the vendors.

He laughed softly to himself and bought the sunflower seeds before walking off to get more nonperishable snacks for his office.

Luckily, the rest of the snacks he usually grabbed were easy to find, of course he got a couple new things that he found himself excited about, but those were few and far between.

Once he collected the snacks for his office, he started going for medicinal herbs. So he'd start with what he was out of first. He was out of the dried opium poppies! So he'd start there.

He was going to be walking for that for a while.

The market was large, and very spread out. Luckily, he found some of the other herbs he needed during his wandering: Valerian, cloves, Aloe, Witch Hazel, Comfrey, Ginger, and Ground Ivy. Once he got his hands on the dried opium poppies, he could start the look for a few amenities for his office that weren't a requirement, but were nice.

He smiled, finally spotting the tan bulbs of opium poppies. He ran over and quickly went through paying for some. He got the ones that looked like they'd do best for his purposes and threw them into his bag gently after paying. Then he bounced off, going around and picking up some general amenities for his office.

He didn't pick up many, but he didn't pick up too many, just grabbing a few books for the shelf. He knew no one really picked up the books from there, and it was only him, but he didn't really care. They were nice to have around.

He didn't pick up books in medicine, these were for patients, si their genres were varied. He had some horror, some romance, and some that were science fiction. He got most of them from his book nerd of a sister, New Zealand, who was still traveling with their parents. The ones he got like this were few and far between. Though, he hoped they were just as good.