Chapter 16-Just Once

Song for the Chapter: Beautiful ~ Bazzi ft. Camila Cabello

SAGE

"Just like old times, man. You sure you don't want a ride?" Tanner asks as his driver pulls up.

"Nah, I need to cool off. Sorry I got us kicked out, hope this doesn't affect your position as an investor." I tell him with a laugh, casting my eyes to the sky as it begins to rain.

Tanner chuckles. "Ivan knows how if I get in a fight it's for a reason." He grins, slapping my shoulder. "Call you next week." He climbs into the car and it pulls away from the curb.

Pressing the back of my hand to my throbbing lip, I check to see if it's still bleeding and start heading home. The two block walk in the rain will help settle my nerves before Obie sees me, if he's still awake.

The cold rain feels good against my hot skin. Getting into a fight was the last thing I expected when Tanner asked me to come check out the new club he's investing in.

"Sage!" My head snaps up at the sound of my name, but it's so damn loud with the rain and traffic, I'm sure I imagined it.

"Sage!"

I stop, and turn around. My heart accelerates—that asshole must have rung my bell harder than I thought—when I see her running towards me, soaking wet in the rain.

"Joanna?"

She slows down a couple feet away, swiping at her wet hair plastered to her face, blinking through the rain. "You forgot something."

My eyes focus on the small smile pulling at her lips. "What?"

Taking two strides forward, her hands rest on my shoulders. "Me." Her soft full lips smash against mine in a slow kiss, tasting of sweet alcohol and rain. Despite the noise around us, the quiet moan that passes from her mouth resonates throughout my body.

My hands hold her face as I deepen the kiss. Our tongues caress one another, exploring new territory. Joanna shivers against my body, reminding me we're standing in the rain in February. Slowly pulling away, I try to control my heavy breathing as I stare into her warm brown eyes.

"I need to get you out of the rain, Joanna."

Her gaze is focused on my lips again. "I'm not cold, Sage." She tugs the lapels of my jacket toward her and begins kissing my neck.

This woman is going to be the death of me. Closing my eyes at the pleasure she's inciting, I shift to find her lips again.

"Come on." I pull her toward the curb and hail down a cab. After giving the driver her address, her hands pull my face to her and she begins kissing me with such passion, I don't know if I can keep up, but I'm sure as hell going to try.

"No body fluids in the car. Charge extra." The driver warns us, making us both laugh.

Joanna brings my hand to her outer thigh, curling up closer to me. I kiss her desperately, eliciting the most tantalizing sounds out of her.

"If you keep making those sounds, I'm going to have to pay the driver extra."

"Prove it." She whispers in between the kisses she's leaving against my neck.

Is this really happening? Dream, hallucination or mirage aside, I'm not going to wait any longer. I slide my hand from her hip, to her knee and then begin inching up her inner thigh.

She's already writhing against me and I haven't even touched her yet. My fingers graze lace material for a brief second before I vaguely hear the cab driver clear his throat and I crack an eye open, noticing we're stopped outside her building.