Chapter II

Chapter II: 3rd PoV

Zeus had never been the most faithful of gods, so it came as no surprise to anyone (least of all Hera) when it was discovered that Zeus had seduced (or rather sezeused) yet another woman.

Yet Hera was surprised, and hurt when she found out the woman in question was the Titan Leto. Leto and Hera had been close friends once, and it came as a shock when she was made aware that a former friend of hers had screwed her husband. Or rather, her husband had tricked her into screwing him.

She couldn't really blame Leto for falling for Zeus's charms. She herself had loved him for a time, a short time, but still a time. But now, she was trapped in a marriage for eternity with an unfaithful husband she didn't love.

What would become of Leto once her child was born? Knowing Zeus, her would discard her like a piece of trash. Hera was suddenly angry, why was she feeling sorry for the woman who had slept with her husband?

Get you revenge.

A small voice whispered. The goddess Nemesis was manipulating her emotions.

She deserves it. She betrayed you.

"No." Hera said unsteadily, "Leto's my friend?" But it came out as more a question then a statement.

Really? Do friends these days go around fucking each other's husbands? I had no idea. Nemesis replied sarcastically.

Get your revenge, you know you want it.

Hera's resolve was weakening and she knew it.

"What do I do?"

Stop her from having that child.

o(^_-)O*\(^o^)/*o(-_^)O*\(^o^)/*
(LETS DO THE TIMESKIP AGAIN)

Years later, Hera realized that this was when the myth that she ruthlessly killed Zeus's offspring began. In reality, the only child she ever directly harmed was Heracles, but he was an arrogant, chauvinistic pig, who objectified women. That, in addition to the fact that he had cheated on one of his tasks by seducing a Hesperide (he must have inherited the trait from his father).

Usually Hera harmed the lover, and in reality had only killed a minuscule fraction of them. In fact, the last woman she had harmed was the mother of Dionysus, over a century ago.

Hera was still pissed at the wine God for causing Hestia to step down from the council.

The 20th century was ending, and for once, life was actually looking up for Hera. Her husband hadn't broken his oath and had another child, and he was caring as ever. He hadn't cheated on her in almost-

Hera was pulled from her thoughts by a knock at her door. Aphrodite walked in, wearing a displeased expression. "It's Zeus." She stated.

Hera sighed, wasn't it always?

"He's had two different children, in two different forms, with the same woman. In addition to that, I had the perfect match for her and now Zeus has ruined it all!"

Hera narrowed her eyes. "HE WHAT!"

"I know!" Aphrodite replied emphatically. "Breaking up a ship is just cruel. They were OTP material."

Hera flashed to Zeus's palace and banged on the door. He answered it, wearing a nervous expression.

"Ah, Hera." He said in a sheepish tone, scratching the back of his neck. "It's not exactly as bad as it sounds."

That set Hera off. "NOT AS BAD AS IT SOUNDS!" She screamed, "TWO DEMIGODS, WITH THE SAME MORTAL? WHY CAN'T YOU JUST KEEP IT IN YOUR PANTS YOU ASSHOLE! YOU JUST BROKE THE OATH YOU MADE. I'M SICK OF YOU, JUST DIVORCE ME ALREADY AND BANG ALL THE GIRLS YOU WANT! I CERTAINLY WON'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT."

The king of gods expression went from chastised, to annoyed, to furious. Hera had gone too far and she knew it.

"How dare you! I am your husband! You have disobeyed me for the last time!" He raised his arms and in a flash of light, Hera disappeared.

A/N: One more chapter to go, and then we'll get to the good stuff, promise.

Signing off again,
Marri and Peeves