Chapter III

Chapter III: 3rd PoV

Approximately one year later.

Hera looked sadly at her sister, holding her son tightly.

"Oh dear," Hestia said worriedly. "What has Zeus done this time?"

Hera sat down on a chair and began talking.

"A little over a year ago, shortly after Zeus had two demigods with that Grace woman, we got into a fight. I got angry, and I said too much. He cast me off Olympus for a year as a mortal."

Hera looked down uncomfortably.

"I was powerless as a mortal, and a man-a mortal took advantage of me."

Hestia hugged her younger sister, eyes shining.

"It's okay Tia," Hera told her sister. "I've already destroyed him. That horrible man gave me my son, the greatest gift I could ask for. He has to live a happy life!"

Hera looked pleadingly at her sister.

"Please find a home for him! I will watch over him, but I can't allow Zeus to harm him."

Hera passed her son to Hestia.

"His name is Perseus, after the one of only heroes who got a happy ending. Perseus was also one of Zeus's favorite sons, this could stop him from killing the child."

Hestia didn't look convinced.

"Yeah, it's a long shot." Hera admitted.

The two laughed and a fell into a comfortable silence, which was broken by Hestia asking,

"Percy is your first demigod, what powers will her have?"

Hera smiled at the child's new nickname before responding,

"He will have the ability to talk to my sacred animals, and form strong bonds with his friends and family. In addition to that, he will be faithful to anyone he is romantically involved in."

"Is that all?" Hestia asked jokingly.

"Oh right! People will want to be his friend, and will feel comfortable opening up to him. Unfortunately this will make it harder for him to deal with people leaving him and he takes betrayal very seriously."

"Let's not forget some firepowers and good cooking skills." Hestia added.

Hera looked at her sister, feeling confused. Then it hit her, Hestia was offering to bless the child.

The goddess of the Hearth began to chant in Greek and a warm glow surrounded Perseus.

Hera embraced her sister, kissed her son once more on the forehead, and flashed out.

Hestia smiled at the child in her arms. "I know just what to do with you, little one."

Line Break

It was an odd sight, an eight year old girl holding a baby crossing the busy streets of Manhattan.

As Hestia arrived at an apartment building on the Upper East side, Percy began to cry. The goddess raced to the elevator and quickly ran to the apartment she was looking for.

Sally Jackson, descendant of Athena. The woman had helped Hestia out of some tough situations before, but never one of this magnitude.

After having the situation explained to her, Sally, who had recently found out she was unable to have children of her own, had agreed to raise the child as her is he were her flesh and blood.

As Hestia said goodbye, she left Sally with one last parting statement.

"He must never know of his true parentage, not even when he goes to camp."