Chapter XXI

Chapter XXI: 3rd PoV
"Left!" Katie insisted loudly, her face so close to Nico's their noses were touching.

"We're supposed to go down the center path! You can trust my instincts, I'm a child of Hades. We're underground; I'm in my element."

"Screw your spidey senses! I know what I'm doing. This is something I know, I can feel it."

"You can feel it, can you?" Nico mocked, ignoring Thalia's quiet 'that's what she said', "Who has Spidey senses now? This is why nobody wants you on the Avengers!"

"That's what she said," The daughter of Zeus was louder this time.

"The Avengers don't deserve me!"

"Guys!" Percy interrupted loudly, with an air of importance, "I'm lost, are we talking about Katie, or Peter Parker."

Thalia face palmed in the background, he wasn't helping.

"Katie!" Nico yelled, the same time the daughter of Demeter said,

"Peter!"

"Why don't we just try the path on the left?" Thalia suggested quietly.

"No!" All three shouted at the same time.

She sighed.

"Okay Miss I-know-everything-this-is-my-quest-and-obviously-a-tyranny, lead the way. But if-when-we get lost, don't come crying to me."

"Like I would ever come to you."

"Thats what she said!" Thalia shouted, before looking at her friends disbelievingly, "Are you seriously not hearing this?"

Percy nudged her and shook his head, "Not the time," But he was smirking and both knew it, "When those two go at it, it's best to get out of the way. And if you are going to insist on making 'that's what she said' jokes, at least be all inclusive. Maybe include a 'that's what he said' every once in a while."

She grinned back at him, "That's doable."

The two had stopped, and we're just looking at each other. Percy was the first to break eyes contact, hurrying forward to catch up to Nico and Katie. They were about five feet into the left path. And just as Percy stepped forward to follow, a rumbling made him jump back.

Out of nowhere, a sheet of solid rock slid down, blocking the path. As the dust in had kicked up cleared, Percy realized that Nico and Katie were stuck on the other side.

"Nico!" Percy hollered, banging against it, "Katie! Are you guys alright?"

"Fine. You?" A muffled voice called back.

"Just peachy," Thalia muttered, causing Percy to frown at her.

"Don't worry about us. We'll meet again soon...I hope. Just do your best to-erm follow the quest? We don't exactly know why we're down here, do we?"

"Listen, I can't hear you. But I'm unable to shadow travel through this, the Labyrinth is playing tricks on us. Worse come to worse, go back to camp-somehow. We'll try to get there too."

And so, with sinking hearts, the groups of two went on their separate ways.

Percy and Thalia took the right path, which led very quickly to a dead end. However, when they turned back, they found a new crossroads awaited them. One that definitely hadn't been their before.