Chapter 6- Sophie's POV

'And she'll never know your story like I do...'

Sophie couldn't believe Keefe.

She couldn't.

Gianna was such a toxic person, and Keefe was kind, funny, sweet, caring, handsome, loyal.... Sophie blocked out the thoughts.

She didn't necessarily have a reason to be mad at Keefe, but she thought that he knew that Gianna was just plain rude.

She felt her eyes well with tears. Sophie felt like her heart was breaking when she saw Keefe pressed against the wall, Gianna's lips on his...

After her breakup with Fitz, she had started developing feelings for Keefe. Feelings that she knew he would never return. The only person who knew about her crush was Biana, and she had been trying to set them up. Sophie glanced around, locking eyes with a pair of teal ones. It wasn't Biana, however.

"Fitz." Sophie greeted. They had ended their relationship on good terms, but it was still slightly awkward.

"Sophie..." Fitz started. He glanced around, as if to make sure no one was listening to them. "What you saw between Keefe and Gianna wasn't what you think it was."

"What?" Sophie gasped. "Fitz, I literally saw Keefe making out with Gianna. What else could it be? Besides, he hasn't spoken to me- any of us since we met her.

"Sophie, trust me. And trust Keefe. It's really not what you think it is." Fitz told her. Sophie looked at him skeptically.

"How would I know? He hasn't talked to me at all." she huffed. She new she was being kind of petty, but she needed to have that moment.

"He can't. It's Gianna. That's all I can tell you. I'm really sorry." Fitz said apologetically. "But for the record, Keefe doesn't like Gianna that way. Heck, he probably doesn't like her in any way. Once again. Trust him."

Sophie sighed. Sure, Keefe kissing Gianna hurt, but after talking to Fitz, she knew that Keefe had to have a reason.

"Okay..." she agreed. "But can you at least tell me why he isn't talking to us?" she looked at him, and instantly knew. "Screw it. I know that's Gianna too."

He nodded, and Sophie felt a flame of anger spike within her. Who did Gianna think she was?

Fitz seemed to recognize the look on her face, and shook his head furiously. "You can't tell anyone what I told you. It'll just result in a bunch of pain. Do not let Gianna know that I told you this. Swear it, Sophie."

Sophie nodded her head once. "I'm still confused. And I still want answers. But i'll respect that Keefe doesn't want me to know what's going on between him and Gianna. I trust him.

"Good. Don't tell Keefe I told you this either." Fitz grinned when she nodded once again.

On that note, she and Fitz headed to their next classes. Sophie had P.E, which was one subject that she didn't exactly excel at. The terrifying part was that Keefe was in that class too. So was Gianna.

Thanks to her clumsiness, she was always one of the last to be picked on a team. For everything, except volleyball. She was always first for that. Luckily, that had recently started their volleyball unit, and Sophie for once, was excited for P.E.

Sophie hurried into the girls locker rooms to change, and headed to the gym. Her coach, Coach Hedge (heh heh) saw her, and nodded once.

"Alright Cupcakes!" He boomed "Listen up! Today, we'll be starting volleyball tournaments. 4 teams of 6, 4 matches. Each match will have 3 sets, 25 points per set. Winner plays winner, and losers play losers. Team captains are Carter, Kumar, Foster and Warner."

Gianna, Sophie, and two other students, Rahul Kumar and Jenni Warner stepped forward. Gianna glared at her, and Sophie glared right back.

"Pick a number between 6 and 14362" Coach told them.

"10" Gianna said confidently.

"1000" Jenni added afterwards.

"89" Rahul said. Sophie thought for a second,
before saying her answer.

"6"

Coach Hedge glowered at her. "First time someone's gotten the number."

Sophie just shrugged, and turned towards the class, careful not to look at Keefe.

"Ryan." She said, gesturing to an athletic boy in the back. He was well built, with sandy blonde hair and brown eyes.

"Keefe." Gianna said, staring right at Sophie. She felt her blood boil slightly as Keefe trudged over to stand behind her.

They went on like that, until everyone in the class had a team. Sophie thought she had picked a good team, as almost all of her players played some sport, if not volleyball.

"FOSTER VS KUMAR AND CARTER VS WARNER." Coach Hedge yelled into his microphone. Everyone winced at the loud noise, and they hurried towards the courts.

The game began with Sophie playing right hand spiker. They won the first match, and Sophie discovered that Gianna had won her match too.

They settled on to the court, Sophie playing setter this time. Gianna was setter on the other side, with Keefe as left hand spiker.

She glared at Gianna, knowing that she had to win this match. Coach Hedge blew the whistle, and the game began. Sophie tipped the volleyball on to the other side, only to have it recovered by Gianna.

"Your going down Foster." Gianna snarled as she spiked it downwards.

"Not a chance." Sophie growled back. She set it to the right, and watched in glee as the volleyball went sailing over the net, landing on the floor untouched.

She yelled in happiness, smiling at the angry look on Gianna's face. It was still only the first point, but it was still a victory. Sophie risked a glance at Keefe, but quickly looked away when his eyes met hers. The game continued, until each team had won one set. This last set would determine who one. Gianna's team was serving, and the volleyball flew over the net. A girl named Sky hit it directly to Sophie, who set it to the left, and watched Ryan spike it. It crashed into the net, however, and Gianna hooted in glee. Her team served again, but Sophie's team put up a good fight. That is, until the middle back player passed to Gianna, and instead of setting it, she spiked it. The ball hit Sophie in the head so hard, she saw white spots.

Her head exploded in pain, and she stumbled backwards, crying out. The sounds around her dimmed, and she heard muffled screaming. In all her years of volleyball, this had never happened.

Sophie collapsed on the floor, clutching her head, trying to soothe the pain. The white spots turned black, and took over her full vision.

Sophie's eyes began to droop, and she shut them, drowning herself in the darkness.