3| Rudra Rajvansh

"Kya hua why are you smirking at me?" Amaya rolled her eyes at her sister who was giving her teasing smiles.

(What happened?)

"Now when did I smirk at you? Can't an innocent girl smile? Ghor kaliyug!" Amaya wondered if she should bang her sister's head on the wall or her.

"Haan kab tak jawaani chhupaogi rani
Arey kab tab jawaani chhupaogi rani
Kawaro ko kitna sataogi rani
Kabhi toh kisi ki dulhaniya banogiiii" Amaya groaned at her loud sister, it's her marriage for god sake, she should sit in a corner like a shy bride not singing songs loudly and eating her cousin's peace.

"Kya hai?" Amaya snapped at her.

(What is it?)

"I heard rishta aaya hai kisi ke liye?" Rishika's tone was teasing yet Amaya failed to recognize that.

(A proposal has come for someone)

"Kiske liye? Aur kiska rishta aaya hai?" Amaya's face looked truly confused yet she was curious to know.

(For whom? And whose proposal has come?)

Is anyone of her cousins getting married after Rishika? This time she will only attend the wedding not the other functions. She made a mental note.

"Mere hone wale devar ka. What do you think shall the girl for whom the proposal has come accept the proposal?" Rishika raised her eyebrows while hiding her smirk.

(My would be brother in law's)

"Obviously di, if she accepts she'll be living with you under the same roof, only a fool would let go of such a nice candidate"

"Candidate Amu? Seriously? You didn't find another noun?" Rishika shook her head in disbelief.

"Naah I didn't" Amaya shook her head and shifted all her attention to the book she was reading.

The room was silent until Rishika decided to speak.

"So you do think if the one, for whom the proposal has come, rejects it would be a fool?" Amaya hummed as a response although all her attention was on the book, neither for once she looked up.

"Don't you wanna know for whom the proposal has come?" Rishika smirked, she knew how much her sister avoided the topic of marriage and once she knows she is the one, her reaction would be worth watching.

"Amaya Shekhawat" Rishika squealed in excitement waiting for Amaya's horror filled reaction but it never came. She was still focused on reading and muttered casually. "Amazing, I wish they have a happily ever after and god bless them with 11 kids and they go to Paris for honey- WAIT A MIN WHAT DID YOU SAY? FOR WHOM?" Amaya instantly shouted with a look of sheer horror as if she had walked in on two people having intense sex.

"Amaya Shekhawat I said"

"No no no no you gotta be kidding me"

"Now why would I? Mom told me my mother in law was talking about you and my brother in law"

Amaya clutched her head tightly. God surely had a soft spot for her that's why problems are always hugging her whenever she feels everything is going good.

'this is the reason I do not attend weddings' she muttered in a low voice.

'Ab yeh konsi nayi aafat hai?' She sighed still clutching her head tightly. Now she understood why her sister's mother in law was showing keen interest on her love life, here she thought she was asking those stuffs just to mingle with today's generation.

(Now what is this new scourge?)

And boy was she wrong?

***

"And this can increase the profit 4 times" A guy in his mid 20s completed the presentation and stared at the people sitting there expecting a reaction.

"The idea is good Mr. Raichand but this project does not seen as profitable for this company" Rudra Rajvansh stared at the guy in the eye, his tone came out to be calm and deep.

Ahaan Raichand tried reading his face to prepare his reply accordingly but to his dismay his face didn't give away anything.

"May I know your concerns Mr. Rajvansh" Ahaan's tone evinced confident, he stared at Rudra's eyes but the next moment he wanted to shift his focus somewhere else as Rudra's burning gaze intimidated him. Yet he forced himself to be confident.

"Our company will be investing our time, people and equal amount of money yet the shares we get are 45%" Ahaan was known for his manipulative ways in business. He could easily manipulate someone in his favour yet he was failing with Rudra.

He, for the first time in his life, was blank, he couldn't for a nice suitable reply to mould the situation in his favour.

"Mr. Rajvansh, we can have the equal amounts of shares, this project will be quite profitable for us" Rudra smirked, this was Ahaan's first mistake, the desperation and haste in his voice depicted he wanted his deal and Rudra very well knew how to turn this situation in his favour.

"Well Mr. Raichand, I don't see my company's profit if we get 60% of shares then we can seal the deal otherwise it was nice listening to such an amazing presentation" Rudra smirked internally when he saw Ahaan deep in thoughts, there must be a inner turmoil going inside his head.

He knew the reputation Rudra Rajvansh and his Company holds, if he does not get the deal it will affect his business adversely and if he gets the deal it will not be as profitable.

"We are ready Mr. Rajvansh" A sinister smirk graced Rudra's lips. He was contented.

"Let's sign the contract then" They both shook hands and signed the contract. The deal was over with Rudra getting the majority of shares.

***

"Hello mom" A calm voice echoed in the surreally calm suite. Rudra was sitting on his couch, his blazer kept lazily on the edge, 3 buttons of his black shirt open, sleeves folded up to his elbow showing his veiny arms.

His gaze was fixated on the laptop.

"When are you coming?" Arpit Rajvansh came straight to the point, her voice stern, compelling Rudra to breath out a sigh.

He knew why his mother was so much invested in this matter.

She wanted to set him up with a girl during his bhai's wedding with the reason "When your brother was 27 he was already dating Rishika and you are nothing but rude to each and every girl who tries to talk to you"

"Mom I'll be there on bhai's wedding da-

"You'll be present here before the sun sets tomorrow, I don't know how but I want you here, either obey me or I will not think twice before kicking you out of my house and evicting you from the property" Rudra internally groaned, his mother surely knew how to get her work done from him.

The guy who dominates the whole business world is dominated by his mother.

Women are capable of doing anything.