6| Krish matters to both of them.

"Mom, Krishi is crying, I'm not able to calm him down" Mihira came downstairs running at her mother who was sitting staring blankly at the wall.

A lone tear slipped from Arpita's eyes but she wiped it and took a wailing Krish from Mihira to calm him down.

She roamed around, carring him, showed him portraits, people yet nothing worked. He was crying to be with his mother.

Looking at him Arpita felt like crying, herself. How could god be so cruel?

"Aunty, give Krishi to me, you look tired, I'll try to calm him down" Amaya forwarded her hand to Arpita to pass Krish to her.

After taking a wailing Krish in her arms Amaya walked outside the mansion, towards the garden.

"My Krishi is crying, is this how he going to welcome his favourite Maasi?" Amaya made a pout staring at Krish. He stopped crying but was sobbing lightly.

(Aunt)

Amaya didn't stop walking, she was going here and there rocking Krish back and forth, "Krishi doesn't even smile at Maasi, Ab toh maasi ko rona aa raha hai" She made a fake crying face to which Krish started talking in gibberish.

(Now aunt is feeling like crying)

"Ahuuu aeeeh" He brushed her nose and lips with his tiny hands and smiled at her. Amaya wanted to cry, looking at this innocent baby, the memories of her sister were flooding through her mind.

How could god snatch an innocent child's parents at this tender age?

"Now Maasi and Krishi will go inside the house, bahar thandi lag rahi hai" Krish said something in gibberish trying to give his maasi a coherent reply to which she chuckled.

(It's cold outside)

Krish had always been close to Amaya, whenever Rishika visited Amaya's home after Krish's birth, Krish would leave Rishika and stay with Amaya.

He never searched for his mother in Amaya's presence, it was only when he was hungry he needed his mother otherwise He didn't want his mom or dad.

Their bond was always special.

"Amaya?" Sanskriti, who was sitting beside Arpita called Amaya.

"Ji aunty?"

"Did Krish sleep?"

"No, but he has calmed down, I think you can take him" Amaya walked to them and gave Krish to Arpita, once landing on Arpita's lap Krish stared at Amaya, his lips wobbled and he began crying on top of his lungs.

"Krishi krishi, bacche shant" Arpita rocked him back and forth but no use, Sankriti took Krish from Arpita and walked here and there to calm him down but he cried even louder.

(Baby calm down)

"Krishi, come Maasi ke paas aajao, apni daadis ko tang nahi karte" Sankriti gave Krish to Amaya and she walked around the hall carrying him.

(Come to aunt, you should not trouble your grandmothers)

"Mera baccha, now shant, why are you crying my love?" She rocked him back and forth while talking in babyish voice. Krish stopped crying and stared at her face.

(My baby, now calm down)

He touched her face with his tiny hands then put his thumb finger inside his mouth, not once his eyes left Amaya as if she would disappear if he looked away.

She then stared at the ladies who were sitting there, looking lost. The males of the family had gone for Kusharg and Rishika's cremation, in their family females were not allowed to witness cremation of family members.