Bonus Chapter 3

The second day of 9th grade and Amrita was sitting with a tired face one hand around her chin, the other on the seat.

This was the first time her brother, Saksham, was not in the same section as her.

Even though she had many friends but none of them were too close, and she preferred it that way.

Saksham had been her seat partner till last year but now....she didn't even want to think about it.

She was sitting on the second seat of the window side, gazing outside the window. The morning assembly was already done, the class was now waiting for the teacher to arrive.

Everyone were talking and screaming, someone was playing with a paper plane, a group of boys were playing red hands, a few students were studying.

As the time was passing by she noticed a new face, a girl was sitting by the last seat, alone, writing something down on her notebook. A new student?

"Hey" Amrita called her gaining her attention, "Yes?"

"You can sit with me if you want" She smiled sliding her bag away making space for her hoping she would not decline because if she would then it was going to be pretty embarrassing.

"Sure" The girl smiled back gathering her things and walking towards her, "I like the aisle side" She said dropping her things down, "Good coz I prefer the window side"

"Btw, Amrita" Amrita forwarded her hand for a shake and smiled softly, "Pratiksha" She accepted her hand, smiling at her lightly.

Amrita thought to ask her a little about her interests to make her comfortable, like a normal human being would do but Pratiksha beat her to it.

"Can I ask you something, bura toh nahi manegi na?" Amrita furrowed her eyebrows in confusion but indicated her to continue anyway.

(You wouldn't mind, right?)

"Gaali deti hai?"

(Do you curse?)

"Haan kabhi kabhi" She replied unsure, how could she tell someone whom she met a few seconds ago that she cursed like a sailor.

(Yeah, sometimes)

"Double meaning baate samajh aati hai?"

(You understand double meaning stuffs?)

"Haan zyadatar" She replied hesitantly, no way in hell she was going to let her know that she was a walking dictionary of double meanings.

(Yeah most of the times)

"We can be friends" Pratiksha grinned widely side hugging Amrita who shook her head smiling simultaneously.

( A/N - sacchi ghatna par aadharit 🙂 literally word to word 😭)

× × ×

"This is my brand new friend Pratiksha and this is my very old brother Saksham, he's in the same grade but different section" Amrita introduced the two one being her cousin and the other, her newly found friend.

Both of them shook their hands followed by Pratiksha's question, "Are you both twins or something I mean you said he's your brother and you both are from same grade,"

"No, I would have an amazing twin like myself if I had one. Yeh- naah" Saksham replied pointing at himself and then at Amrita shaking his head in disappointment.

"I guess you confused amazing for foolish" Amrita rolled her eyes giving him a look of disgust. Saksham just shook his head at her.

"Then?" Came Pratiksha's confusion filled question, "We are cousins-