40| Chikoo's Namkaran

"Chikoo you know chachu doesn't even know ABCD! Don't worry when you'll grow up I'll myself teach you ABCD, okay?" Krish, who was sitting on the bed beside his chikoo wearing a kurta pajama set caressed her cheeks lightly.

He then slowly kept his index finger on her palm who quickly fisted her hand.

He liked how soft she was, her cheeks, her palm everything was so soft, he loved playing with her.

While she just kept looking at him without blinking.

"Why don't you talk to me chikoo? Oh yes may be because you don't like studies, right?" He asked seriously and upon getting no response from the other side he just continued again.

"Padhai important hai chikoo otherwise tum bhi chachu jaisi ban jaogi, tumhe unke jaisa nahi banna hai na?" He asked moving closer and when he was close enough to her right cheek he couldn't stop himself and ended up pecking her cheek, followed by the tip of her nose.

(Studies are very important chikoo, otherwise you'll become like chachu, you don't want to be like him, right?)

"Kisi ko batana mat but chachu bohot cool hai" He whispered near her ears in a hushed tone and straightened up again, resuming to play with her.

(Don't tell anyone, but chachu is actually very cool)

"Dono bhai behen kya kar rahe hai" Rudra asked entering the room and closing the door behind him. He was ready in his kurta and pajama set and was looking at the last minute preparation.

(What both the siblings are doing?)

Today was their daughter's naming ceremony, which Krish did not understand why?

She had a name, he gave the name to her, it was chikoo but again he would not like anyone other than him calling her chikoo. She was only his chikoo.

"Kuch nahi hum bas khel rahe the" He replied softly poking his index finger on her cheek.

(Nothing we were just playing)

"Where is your mumma? Is she not ready yet?" Rudra asked checking his hair one last time in the mirror. While Krish answered with a shrug.

"Amaya are you ready?" He called out walking towards Krish and slowly pulled out a chocolate bar from his pocket that he had brought for Krish.

Krish grinned taking the chocolate bar ready to eat it, "Sorry chikoo you can't eat it, I promise jab tum badi ho jaugi I'll always buy you chocolate" He pinched his throat and began munching over the chocolate making his father chuckle.

(Sorry chikoo you can't eat it but I promise when you grow up I'll buy you chocolate always)

"Rudra come here I need your help" Amaya's voice came from the walk in closet, "What help do you need from me?"

"Just come here already" She shouted again, this time a bit frustrated. He sighed, instructing Krish to look after their baby girl he walked inside, to his frustrated wife.

* * *

"ॐ भूर्भुवः॒ स्वः॒ तत्स॑वितुर्वरे॑ण्यं॒ भर्गो॑ दे॒वस्य॑ धीमहि। धियो॒ यो नः॑ प्रचो॒दया॑त्॥" The priest chanted the gayatri mantra, all the family members were sitting around Rudra Amaya Krishi anr the baby.

"Bacchi ki dadi aage aaye" Arpita came forward as instructed. The priest studied the birth chart and said, " 'अ' koi bhi naam jiski shuruwat 'अ' se hoti ho"

(Child's grandmother please come forward)

('A' any name that starts with 'A')

Arpita, the baby's grandmother thought for a while she said, "Amrita" Everyone's faces were covered with a smile hearing the name.