Chapter 4 - The Beginning of Forever

Thanks for reading :D

________________________________________________________________________________

I could feel my mouth hanging open. My mind raced, powered by my heartbeat in my ears. I couldn't believe it. Here in my house. In my room! Right in front of me stood Santa, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy and Sandman. Well, Sandman and Tooth Fairy weren't standing. Sandman was floating and Tooth Fairy fluttered her wings. Oh my god! My vision began to darken and the world began to move around me. Sensing the oncoming faint, and fearing it would wake me from a dream, I took some deep breaths. Was starstruck the right word? Perhaps just bewildered? Or confused? Probably confused.

"We were told you were beginning to stop believing," Santa said with a thick Russian accent. Russian would not have been my first guess, but really what else could he have been?

"Uh..." I wanted to say something, anything, but couldn't get the words out.

"Why are you here?" I eventually managed. I couldn't help but mentally praise myself for saying something. I mean, the Guardians were in my room! Unfortunate that speaking and comprehension are not one and the same.

"We're going to help you believe," Tooth Fairy said. I realised the window was open and I was freezing. A shiver tingled up my spine and I could feel the goose bumps forming on my arms and chest. Though I didn't physically feel cold. Not at this moment anyway. I think the goosebumps were from my nervousness too. But the Guardians thought otherwise to my not being cold.

"Oh! You're cold!" Tooth said, rushing (and flying) to my closet to grab a jacket out for me. She searched for a moment or so, frantically might I add, before she found my warmest jacket; a khaki pattern with fluff around the rim of the hood. She handed it to me with a smile and I took it, hardly feeling it was real. She really didn't look like what I had expected. I thought she would be a person with wings. A typical book-style fairy. But no; she was a multi-coloured, human sized hummingbird-woman without a beak. Her eyes were a beautiful shade of purple and her eyelashes were as long as her little finger. Bunny, on the other hand, looked like a tough guy with his belt crossing over his chest which I noticed held two boomerangs on his back. He was a lot taller than I had expected. Sandy looked like he was made out of golden sand that almost glittered. He was only three feet tall too. Santa probably looked the most typical with his red clothing with white fur around the rims. I noticed the beginning of a tattoo creeping up both of his arms, but they were covered by his sleeves, so I couldn't really see them.

I got a fright when a little hummingbird looking thing flew in: like a miniature version of Tooth Fairy. She made what sounded like a chirping-squeak sound, communicating with Tooth Fairy.

"Excellent! Belle, this is Baby Tooth!" Tooth introduced to me. The little fairy smiled at me and nodded before flying out the window and disappearing.

"Baby Tooth?" I asked.

"Yes! They collect the teeth," she replied.

"I thought you did," I questioned.

"No! Too many teeth for just me! I manage them all. Tell them where to go," Tooth smiled.

"How many are there?" I asked.

"Hundreds," Bunny interrupted. Wow! Hundreds of tooth fairies?!

"That was my little sister's tooth she just collected, wasn't it?"

"Yes. It was," Tooth replied, smiling.

"So... you said you're going to help me believe. Now that I've met you, I'm pretty sure I'm always going to believe now," I half chuckled.