Chapter 10 - Rescue

As always, thanks for reading! Love you guys! Almost 300 views when I posted this chapter!!

-____________________________________________________-

Jack’s POV

“How are we going to find her Jack? We don’t even know where she is!” North said as I paced frantically up and down the length of the main area in North’s workshop (where the globe controls were and where the moon spoke to us). Then an idea hit me.

“Baby Tooth! Do you remember when I lost you in Pitch’s hideout? And then we met again in the South Pole? Do you remember how he got there?” I asked. Please remember! Or at least know! She thought this over for a moment before shaking her head and trying to explain why. She said she was in his pocket the whole time and couldn’t see a thing. I heard a puff sound and looked over to Sandy who had shapes and figures made of sand coming from the top of his head. Over the past couple of years I’ve learnt to read it.

“When I came back during Easter! You’re a genius Sandy!” I said, smiling. Still referring to the time I had gone to Pitch to get my memories. He gave them to me, but I accidentally left Baby Tooth behind, only to return to the surface to find that children had stopped believing in Bunny. We can get in through that way!

Eventually, the time came where we would meet up and get Belle back. So we found ourselves gathered somewhere in England where they held the Easter egg hunt every year. I couldn't stop thinking about Belle and whether she was okay. The thought also crossed my mind reminding me that we had felt the same pain at the same time. I knew we had. But I didn't know why.

“You remember where it is?” Bunny asked. I just nodded and led them deep into the shrubs. It took about five to ten minutes of walking before I came across the tunnel I had climbed out of all those years ago.

“Ready?” I asked. Everyone nodded. I was first to jump down, landing in the dimness of the deep earth. Everyone followed close behind me and we walked until I came across the familiar stone barrier between us and Pitch’s hideout.

“How did we not come here before?” North asked. I just shrugged. We all readied ourselves. If Pitch had have been able to get out of here, it would have been pointless to trap him here in the first place. He could bring people to his hideout, but he couldn’t leave. That would mean that he wasn't very strong. He was vulnerable.

“Jack! Help me!” I heard Belle call from behind the wall. I just froze, my chest tightening.

“Belle?!” I yelled, slamming my fists on the door.

“Jack!” she repeated. It just echoed in my ears.

“We need to help her!” Tooth said. That’s when I realised.

“Wait! Pitch has done this to me before! It’s a trap. I know she’s in there. He wants us to go in…”

“So… what do we do?” Bunny asked.

“We need to get her out. Which means we need to go in,” I said as confidently as I could although not even I was sure this would work. But we had to try.

“When I say three give everything you’ve got to this barrier,” I said. Tooth and Baby Tooth took a step back. They didn’t really have any attack mechanisms.

“One…” We all readied out weapons.

“Two…” I couldn’t stop my grip from tightening on the staff.