Chapter 5 - Exploring

When I posted this chapter I had just hit 100 reads, which was and is still a massive deal. I love you guys so much! Adding to your reading lists, favouriting, sharing or just telling your friends at school would be greaat, but is in no way compolsory! Thank you so much for reading my story! I love you all so much!!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

_____________________________________________________________________________

Jack's POV

As I walked back out, I saw Bunny, Tooth, Sandy and North staring at me. Almost as if I had done something terribly wrong, but they didn't look mad exactly. More surprised than anything.

"What have I done?" I chuckled, leaning on my staff.

"You like her!" North said, throwing out his arms and smiling as if it was obvious.

"What?!" I laughed. Dammit. I hoped I wouldn't. I did though. Only a little! I kissed her cheek for goodness sake! Ugh! I just wanted to face palm myself. How could I not see it?! From the moment I saw her I liked her. And then Jamie hinted at me saying I would want to come back more often, so I could see Belle. I'm such an idiot! But it's not like she and I would ever work. I mean, she's human, I'm a Guardian! I'm going to live forever probably! And she isn't. But I hadn't even had a conversation with her, in fact she didn't even believe I was real. So I suppose my thoughts were getting way too far ahead of themselves.

Everyone just shot me looks and I caved. There was no point denying it to them.

"Fine. So maybe I like her a little. She doesn't even believe in me though!" I chuckled defensively.

"I knew it," Bunny said, nudging North's side to prove he was right. Had they been betting on it or something?

"Wasn't that your plan; to help her believe in you?" Tooth asked. Sandy nodded, a slight jingle filling the air as he did so, quietly like a whisper.

"Yes," I replied, bowing my head a little. I felt so moronic. I had seen pretty girls a plenty over my three hundred years, but there was something about Belle that made my chest tighten whenever she smiled.

"Do that first, then you talk to her," North said. Of course, he was right.

Belle's POV

I woke up gradually. First, feeling returned to my body. I was warm but I knew if I got out of bed I would be cold. Then my eyes fluttered open and I could only see a wooden roof. Wait, this wasn't my room! Oh my god! I sat up abruptly just as my memories returned. Santa? Tooth Fairy? Easter Bunny? Sandman? Am I in Santa's workshop at the North Pole? So I wasn't dreaming all of that? It was all real? I took a deep breath in relief as I stood up. Relief, not because I was hundreds of miles from home, but because I wasn't completely insane for dreaming of the Guardians. Though I don't think that would be insane anyway. But still. It was nice to know that what I thought had happened, happened.

The floor was cold and I jumped a little in shock. I looked over and saw the vase with its beautiful floral pattern of frost. I smiled.

Looking back I don't know why I smiled. Perhaps it was because I hoped Jack Frost had done it. Perhaps I just thought it looked pretty. Perhaps because I love roses.

I quickly slipped on my boots and grabbed my jacket, running my fingers through my hair to brush it, before walking out of the room, satisfied with how I looked. I had no idea where I was supposed to be going. Nor did I know where I was.