Chapter 8 - Where is she?!

This and the next are quite short chapters. They're more there just so I can leave you on a cliffhanger. I don't know why I do that. I'm so cruel... I love you guys! Thanks for reading!

__________________________________________________________________

And when I say the ground beneath me disappeared, I mean that I was falling. Or about to. Jack had grabbed my hand in an attempt to stop the fall. I looked down into the hole I was going to fall into if I was dropped, and just saw black. It was nothingness. There was no bottom to this hole. It was like one of Bunny’s tunnels, but I couldn’t see where I would go. It had all happened too quickly.

One moment I was walking and the next I was dangling above a black hole! Looking back up, I saw shock and horror gleaming in Jack’s eyes. He was almost as scared as I was, my heart pumping far too quickly in my chest. With my free hand, I frantically reached up and grabbed onto the hand Jack was using to hold onto me. He had dropped his staff and was now bending over the hole, holding my hand with both of his. He struggled. It wasn’t just because of my weight, but also because I was being pulled. I don’t know what by either; it felt like a stronger gravitational pull. As if an invisible force was tugging at my body like a rag doll in tug-of-war. I could feel my blood pumping through my veins; i was that petrified. I'm not scared of hights or anything, but I'm terrified if I can't see where I'm going.

“I won’t let you go Belle. HELP!” Jack called. He looked away for half a second before returning his gaze to me. It was like if he were to look away, when he looked back, I would be gone.

“Jack! Jack please!” I begged. I knew there was no way he was going to pull me up. The force was too strong. My shoes were pulled off my feet and they fell. I was holding his hand so tight, I must have been cutting off the blood to his fingers.

“Just hold on Belle! The others are coming! Hold on!” he pleaded. I could feel my grip slipping from his. I knew that there was no way he would be able to pull me up in time. I knew I was going to fall. It was inevitable unless the others were to get there in time.

“I’m slipping! Jack!” I almost cried. He tightened his grip and I could see beads of sweat form on his forehead.

“GUYS!!” he called out in desperation. I didn’t know what was at the bottom of this drop. I could die.

“What on earth is going... Belle!” I heard Bunny say. I could hear the Guardian’s: North running, Bunny hopping, Tooth’s wings fluttering and a tingling sound Sandy makes when he’s panicking. I could feel Jack's clammy palms slide against my own. We were losing grip.

“Jack!” I yelled, just as my hand slipped from his and I plummeted, screaming.

The last thing I saw was the look of horror on Jack’s face. Then the hole closed up and I was falling into black. I couldn’t see a thing.

With every part of my body standing on edge in fear, I continued to fall into nothingness.

Jack’s POV

Belle was slipping from my grip and I was freaking out.

“GUYS!” I yelled out. I needed their help. I knew Belle wasn’t this heavy. Something was pulling her. Her grip was slipping from mine and I didn't know what to do but hold on for dear life.

“What on earth is going... Belle!” Bunny said. I didn’t dare look away from Belle because I knew that if I looked away, she would disappear. And I didn't know if I would see her again.

“Jack!” That’s when Belle’s grip slipped from mine. I frantically swiped my hand to try and grab hers, but she was already falling. Almost immediately, the hole closed up.

“NO! BELLE!” I grabbed my staff and started stabbing the ground where the hole had been moments before. The others let me do it too. They let me give out my anger on the ground. She couldn’t be gone! She couldn’t be. My heart had jumped to the top of my head, then to my feet and it stayed there.

“Where does it go to?!” I stood up and threatened Bunny.

“What makes you think I know mate?”

“This is your Warren! Your tunnel!” I said, angrily poking his chest.

“That’s not my tunnel Jack!” I needed to punch something. I needed to find Belle. I needed to help her.

“Then whose is it?!” It immediately fell silent for a moment as everyone exchanged gazes of confusion.

“Who else’s could it be?” North added, terrified. No!