Chapter 6 - Finally

So this has to be the biggest chapter so far. This and the coming ones are the biggest thus far. When I say biggest, I mean it has heaps of things happening...So YAY! This is a long chapter too ;P

Thanks for reading! Over 125 views!!!!!!!! I seriously squealed when I saw! Love you guys so much!!!!! MUAH!

_________________________________________________________

Eventually, I excused myself from the dancing mob of yetis and elves. Just so I could have some peace and quiet for a little while. I went down the stairs to the floor I had first arrived on. I grabbed a chair and set it up in front of the globe. Just so I could watch it rotate and think.

Staring at it, I stupidly attempted to count the lights. There were way too many. I suppose that was a good thing. The more lights, the more kids believe. And according to dad, that would mean that the Guardians were strong. Which would then in turn help them to protect the children of the world from whatever threatened them. I couldn't help but smile to myself as I stared at the lights. Such a beautiful thought to be able to see all of the children in the world who believed in something magical. It was so peaceful sitting here. I thought about Ciara and dad while lost in thought. I felt slightly guilty. I should have told dad where I was going. I should have said goodbye at least! I didn't know how long I was going to be here for.

Then it whacked me like a couch, and I realised. He knew! That's why he was acting weird at dinner! But... how? I'm pretty sure I would have noticed if Sandy, Tooth, North or Bunny walked into our house. Maybe Bunny made a tunnel? I didn't know. I just shrugged, contemplating.

There were so many questions I had for each of the Guardians! They wouldn't all stay here at the Pole... maybe they each have different hide outs! Oh my goodness! Why didn't I think of that before?! They had told me when they picked me up that Aunt Sophie had been to the Warren... what was that?

"Belle..." I heard a voice behind me say. I snapped out of my thoughts and into reality like a rubber band being let go after being pulled. I turned and saw North standing behind me. I hadn't really realised how tall he was, though I suppose he seemed such because I was sitting down, but my point still stands.

"Hey," I smiled, returning to stare at the globe. North grabbed a chair and dragged it over to sit beside me. The chair seemed tiny beneath him and it creaked, threatening to break under his weight. I hoped it wouldn't for the detailing in the oak was very fine.

"How are you?" he asked. I almost burst out of my skin with excitement and joy.

"Amazing! Thank you for bringing me here. I'm honoured that you chose to help me of all the people in the world. You decided to help me believe!" I exclaimed. Just as I did, I saw a light in Australia go out.

"A light just went out..." I stated, disappointed. North sighed, sad but expectantly as if a light going out was a common a recurring pain he had to suffer through.

"That happens sometimes. Some children get too old to believe in us anymore. They stop believing in sweet dreams, thinking it all has something to do with psychology. They stop looking for eggs at Easter, believing it to be a childish game. And they start thinking that presents are for little kids. Not having any more teeth to lose, they stop thinking about the Tooth Fairy, thus no longer believing in them. But, for every three lights that go out, five more turn on..." he explained. Sure enough, after two more rotations, I noticed more lights turning on.