Chapter 13 - Dad, Please?

Almost 450 views when I posted this!!!! THAT IS SO AMAZING!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

________________________________________________

Eventually, my house came into view and I almost ran to it. The lock was already undone because of when I had picked it, so I just opened it and stepped inside the warm house with everyone else close behind me. It was still just as dark as we had left it. I started making my way down a hallway immediately.

"Isn't this the way to his study?" Jack asked right behind me.

"Yeah. He works from home, so that's where he usually sleeps," I replied quietly. Creaking the study door open, I saw him where I thought I would; laying on his couch asleep with a book open on his chest as it rose and fell.

"Jamie...?" North asked.

"He's grown so much..." Bunny added. I could only smile. I wonder what my dad would have been like as a ten year old... Everyone else stayed at the door as I walked to dad, bobbing down beside him.

"Dad... dad wake up," I whispered, placing a hand on his arm. He groaned a little as his eyes fluttered open. I just smiled as his eyes met mine. Almost immediately, he snapped up.

"Belle! You're back!" he exclaimed, sitting up quickly.

"Yeah. Dad... I'm sure you remember the Guardians. Santa, Tooth Fairy, Sandman, Easter Bunny and Jack Frost?" I emphasised 'Jack Frost'. Dad looked to the Guardians and nodded in hello.

"Jack Frost?" he asked, looking back over to me surprised.

"I can see him dad. I'm sorry I ever doubted you. And I'm sorry for always going against what you believed in..." I said, looking at the floor for a moment. I must admit, I felt slightly ashamed for treating dad so badly in regards to Jack Frost.

"You're a strong, confident, beautiful young woman Belle. I'm proud that you stood up for what you believe in," dad replied. I looked up and smiled. Something caught in his throats and he began to cough, holding his handkerchief to his mouth.

"Daddy!" Ciara said, climbing out of Bunny's arms to run and leap into dads.

"Ciara! What are you doing up?" he asked.

"Pitch took her," Jack said as I stood.

"What?" dad replied breathlessly. I could see in his eyes the fear he had when he was a child facing Pitch Black was nothing compared to this.

"First he kidnapped Belle to use as bait so he could leave where we had trapped him. Then when he was out, he came here and took Ciara to try and make Belle confess why she was so special," North explained, stepping into the room and taking a seat across from dad.

"Why didn't he just try and make you tell him while he had you trapped?" dad asked me.

"So he could be freed and still have the opportunity to make me talk," I explained.

"What do you mean by... special?"

"Dad... the moon has talked to me. I know that sounds crazy... but he does that sometimes. He talked to Jack once, but it was only to tell him his name. He chooses the Guardians. And he talked to me! Why me? That's what we want to know... that's what Pitch wants to know," I explained.

"Belle! What happened to you?!" Dad exclaimed, grabbing my wrist to examine the scratches. In doing so, he touched one and it stung, making me noticeably wince.