Wake Up

~March 31th 2013~

{Belle's POV}

Why do I smell lysol? Does hell smell like lysol? My mom always said I would go to hell so I'm probably there, right? But everything is black and I feel like my body weighs a thousand pound. Is this what it feels like to be dead?

I was snapped out of my thoughts by the sound of someone sobbing. Do people cry in hell? Of course they do. They're in hell! "Rose please stop crying." A male voice said. But not any male voice, Joseph's. Why can I hear him talk? Maybe my soul didn't leave my body yet. Is it still the 27th?

"But she has to wake up. The doctors said she should've woken up by now." Rose's soft voice said. Why did she say the doctors said I should've woken up by now?

No. No. No. No. No.

I have to be dead. I don't want to live. I can't live with my mother.

I can't. I cant. I just can't.

Please lord tell me I'm dead. I don't want this life. Give it to someone who needs it. Like a newborn baby who is barely living. That family will be so happy. Nobody wants me alive so it's fine if I die. Please kill me.

"Belle. Belly. Bellyboo. Tinker Bell. Please wake up." Rose pleaded using all of my nicknames. I can hear the despair in her voice. Fuck, I did this. This is my fault she's upset. I was so selfish that I forgot I could hurt her. But as much as I want to tell her I'm okay, I want to die more.

The only sound in the room was of Rose crying, Joseph comforting her, Joseph crying as he comforted Rose, and the sound of my heart monitor. I wish that monitor would stop so I can die.

"You two should go get dinner. You haven't eaten since you got here." A British accent instructed with his voice cracking. British. Why would a British person- Zayn. "But what if-" Rose started then stopped. Someone probably told her to stop. Probably Joseph.

Then the sound of the door closed leaving me here with either Rose and Joseph or Zayn. "Hey Belle." Zayn said breaking the silence. Okay, so I'm here with Zayn. "It's just me right now. Niall and Louis went to the cafeteria with Rose and Joseph, while Liam and Harry are in the hall waiting." He informed me. "Why am I alive?" I asked him. Not literally though since I'm "sleeping". Or whatever the doctors are saying I'm doing.

I wish they'd say I'm dead.

"So I'll start this off the same way I have for the past four days..." He trailed off. Four days! I've been asleep for four days? Did they think I was dead? Did I have a heartbeat? Can someone just answer my freaking questions?

"After you passed out the boys and I rushed you to the hospital. I held you in my arms the entire time. We all cried. Louis almost got us into an accident because he couldn't see through his tears." He told me chuckling towards the last sentence. I understand why he's laughing. That actually is kind of funny.

"The doctors did all they could when we arrived. Now you've been asleep, as they say, for four days. We didn't tell anyone what happened so rumours wouldn't go around at school. Rose and Joseph have visited you every day. The boys and I rescheduled interviews, concerts, and signings so we're here just in case if something happens." Now I feel worse. Fans are probably pissed off because the boys rescheduled. But what happened with my mom and Scott?

"You're probably wondering what happened to your family?" Zayn echoed my thoughts. How did he know that? I felt his much bigger hand pick up mine. The heat from his hands warmed up my freezing one. He squeezed it slightly then stopped, but didn't let go.

"After we gave the police your suicide note they arrested your mum for child abuse. Your little brother didn't go to a foster home, though. Your grandparents took him in. But they only wanted him. I'm so sorry Belle." Why is he sorry? I know they've never liked me either. My mom always told them bad things about me, that were NEVER true. But it still hurts having to accept the fact that nobody loves you enough to take you in.