Keep Going

{Liam's POV}

We all followed Belle down the road. But for a fourteen-year-old girl she's fast. She's at least ten yards ahead of us. We've been running for a few minutes and Niall is already out of breath.

He stopped, placed his hands on his knees, and gasped for air. Harry was next to do the same. One by one everyone dropped out and lastly it was just Cole and I.

"Belle! Stop!" Cole called out to her. I couldn't seem to find my voice. For the past three days I haven't been able to.

We're both avoiding each other, and I don't like that. Each time our eyes would connect my heart would snap in half. The guilt is eating me alive. I haven't been able to get a good nights sleep because of Friday's events.

"Liam, you have to get her." Cole said between gasps for air. I looked at him like he's crazy. Hasn't he noticed her and I haven't spoken in three days?

"Suck it up. Act your age, not your shoe size." Is he really quoting Prince? After that he stopped, but I didn't. I'm taking the advice of a fifteen-year-old and did as he said.

I pushed my legs harder and faster as I watched Belle take a sharp right turn. I followed her movements but once I turned I stopped.

There sat Belle, kneeling on the ground, crying into her hands. 'Suck it up. Act your age, not your shoe size.' I repeated that in my head whilst taking deep heavy breaths.

I kneeled down in front of Belle and placed my hand on her shoulder. She flinched, shooting her head up to look at me. Once our eyes connected she seemed to relax.

But I didn't. My heart broke, again.

Her usual happy eyes are blood shot and full of tears. Neither of us said anything. All we did was stare at each other. And I'm fine with that, but I need to talk to her.

"You can't run away from your problems. Sometimes you need to go towards it and confront it. Problems are always going to be in your life but you can't let stop you. You have to keep going." It all just spilled out. I've been thinking about what to tell Belle for days. And that was it.

"I'm scared." Belle whimpered, tears falling down her cheeks. I rubbed my thumb against her tears to get rid of them but they kept going.

"I-I'm scared of you Liam. I'm scared of you like I was scared of my m-mom. After seeing you almost punch Cole I was terrified. I-I thought you were going to hurt me." Belle sobbed, putting her face back into her hands.

I didn't move. She thought I was going to hurt her? I ran my fingers trough my hair as I took a shaky breath.

"Come here sweetie. I won't hurt you and I never will." I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her onto my lap. She instantly melted into my arms and continued to cry.

I rubbed circles into my back and did what we always do when she cries. I softly sang 'Blackbird' while rocking her back and forth.

But when I finished instead of sleeping like usual she pulled back to look me in the eyes. "Can we go back?" I expected her to say something else. I'm not sure what she'd say, just not 'can we go back'.

I lifted her up and started walking. Belle wrapped her legs around my waist and arms around my neck. "Liam?" Belle asked in a whisper as I took steps back in the direction of the church. "Please don't ever leave me. It'll hurt more then being abused."

I wasn't sure if I should smile or be upset. Does she think I'm going to leave her? Or is this because of Scott's death. "Don't worry. I'm not leaving anytime soon. If I do go somewhere I'm bringing you with me."