Living Doesn't Hurt

Author's Note

This is the ending. Please read the author's note at the end.

~Sunday, May 5th~

{Belle's POV}

You know that pit on guilt that settles in your stomach when you know you've done something wrong? Well, I've had that for days; almost a week. I've been feeling like I need to make it up to the boys for running away. The other night I figured out how to.

I was looking, more like admiring, the portrait Cole made of me and thought that maybe I could draw the boys. I searched so many 1D fan accounts of Instagram trying to find the perfect pictures of the boys, but instead I found their first group photo. I thought that they would like that one picture better than ones that are of themselves.

Over the past few days I haven't had time to work on it during the day because one of the boys were always checking on me; mostly because I still have hypothermia a little but partly making sure I didn't leave again. I wouldn't leave anyways, now I know the boys do care about me. So I've been staying up extra late at night to draw it. Sketching their faces was hard, but I finally got the perfect; even their dimples!

Hopefully they'll like it.

Slowly I walked down the hall towards Liam's room, where I already know him and Louis are. Being my lazy self I texted all the boys saying meet up in Liam's room instead of looking for them, that's too much work. I have the drawing rolled up with a hair tie around it to keep it covered. I used the paper I bought with Cole on my birthday.

"What's up bunny? Why the family meeting?" Yup, Liam has been calling me bunny a lot lately. Maybe someone should buy him a bunny. I had to keep my lips sealed so the giggle wouldn't escape when he said family. It feels good to know I have a family again, that people actually care about me.

Everyone sat down on Liam's bed. It's a king sized which is huge! I got pulled onto Harry's lap and involuntarily cuddled into his chest. He's like a teddy bear! Okay, back on track. "I wanted to make it up to you guys for running away. I know I shouldn't. You guys say it's all okay, but I know it isn't. I was being a spoiled brat who was scared. So I made you this." I gently took the hair tie off of the paper, put it on my wrist, and slowly unrolled the paper. The only reason I did it slowly was to make the boys more anxious.

Once it was fully open I placed it in the center of the small circle we made. Everyone's eyed the paper, Niall's jaw even dropped. Is it that bad? I knew I should've just done something else! "Why- How- Did you-" Liam stuttered out words. Only Harry knows about my artistic abilities so he wasn't as shocked as everyone else. "This is fucking ace! When the hell did you draw this? Why the fuck didn't we know you could do this?" Niall muttered, not even noticing the amount of curse words he used. But I don't care that he cursed; I do it all the time!

Fuck. Shit. Crap. See?

"Yeah. You guys always talk about in interviews how much you love to be together instead of solo; so I thought you'd like a reminder. It's just to remember your first group photo." I said with a smirk as I looked down at the drawing. For once I feel pretty confident about my drawing skills. Maybe one day I can be an artist. "Thank you curly. This is awesome! But I'd rather have one with you in it." Harry spoke gently as he hugged me tightly against his chest. A smile spread across my pink tinted cheeks as I nuzzled my face in his shirt.

Now that I look around at these boys around me I know that this was worth it. Not the suicide attempt or cutting or anything to harm myself, but being with them. I used to think nobody cares about me, but people do. This is something that I deserve. I deserve to have people care about me, and I do. Not just the five in front of me; but also their girlfriends and my friends.

Everything used to be so hard. I used to hate being alive every single day. But now that I do know people care about me, living doesn't hurt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note

It's all over. This story is finished.

I really want to thank everyone who read this. Even for reading the bad chapters. Whoever is self conscious needs to know there are people that care about you no matter what. You need to look past the blindfold that shields you from happiness and enjoy life. Never ever give up! Once you past the rough times you will get to what you deserve! I love you all!!!

Love, Isabella