I Swear

{Belle's POV}

I listened carefully to what went on around me as I kept my eyes shut, pretending to be sleeping. Everyone was having a conversation in the living room as I 'slept' on the couch. "Why would she go out in the rain? That's crazy! She got hypothermia 'cause of it!" Harry deep voice went up an octave showing how mad he is. I forced myself not to cringe and to hold the tears back. He's right and I've known it for a while. It was crazy and extremely stupid. But I couldn't stop myself. Something dragged me out there, it was memorials. It has to be them.

"Shhh Haz. You're gonna wake Belle. And we all know it was crazy, but she probably has a reason for it. What I'm shocked about is that she didn't tell anyone." Liam reasoned, keeping his voice calm and low. I can practically feel Izzie biting her lip and looking at the ground. I shouldn't of asked her not to tell the boys. It was a mistake.

Like everything else I do.

I'm a mistake. My mother told me that day after day. One time Scott even caught her calling me a mistake and yelling. He told her not to talk to me like that, saying I was a great sister. He kept saying compliment after compliment. It was worth the abuse to keep him happy.

Don't think about him Belle. You'll start to cry and everyone will know you're awake.

"Iz? You okay?" Louis asked speaking just as soft as Liam was. Shit. Please don't tell him that you knew Izzie. Please. "Uh yeah." Her voice sounded unsure showing it's a lie. Fuck my life. "No you're not. What are you hiding?" Damn Louis for being a good boyfriend. Why can't you be a terrible one? Never mind, that wouldn't be fair on Izzie's behalf.

"Belle told me. But I told her I wouldn't tell you guys. Oh great know she's gonna hate me." Every word was pushed out so fast I was barely able to understand it. My shaking quickened slightly making me tighten my grip on the blanket that laid over me. I heard various sighs knowing their disappointed I only told Izzie.

I'm not mad she told. I shouldn't of asked her to keep it to herself and shouldn't of expected her to not tell Lou. That was terrible of me to ask that, but at least I didn't tell her what I saw. Everyone would think I'm crazy.

"Did she tell you why?" Louis continued to question her. There was no answer which meant she shook her head. This should be the about the time I 'wake up'. I pretended to stir in my sleep then slowly open my eyes and sit up. My body still shook, not as much as before but I still wrapped myself up in the blanket.

"Sleep well princess?" Niall asked as he rubbed my back. I nodded and pulled my knees up to my chest to try and get warmer, but it didn't help. "C-can I have a-another blanket?" I stuttered trying not to chatter my teeth but I can't stop it. I'm freezing and feel so tired. Even though when my eyes were closed I couldn't fall asleep. Stupid sickness is being confusing. "Yeah." Niall said before quickly running off to get another blanket.

He returned moments later with a multi-colored quilt that looked really warm. He wrapped in around me, then picked me up, sat down, and placed me on his lap completely ignoring the fact that I'm sick. I don't think hypothermia is contagious though. I cuddled into Niall trying to gain as much of his body heat as I could. He wrapped his arms tightly around me as I rested my head on his chest, looking out the glass French doors that led to the backyard, then to the woods. The sky is a light grey color and the rain continued to pour. It's just bright enough for me to see in the woods.

"Why'd you go outside baby doll?" Zayn asked as I stared out at the woods, barely even paying attention to my surroundings. I want to go outside to the woods. I want to grieve over Scott and Erin's memorials that someone made. Someone I don't even know. "I-" I started, not positive how to tell them. If I do, I'll sound stupid and they'll think I'm crazy.

Part of me wanted to. It drove me out there until I found my siblings memorials that some stranger made.

If I said that they'd most likely send me to a therapist. Ew. I hate them. They make you talk to them about your problems. I can't just talk to some stranger about my problems. Plus, there are to many problems to even talk about.

"You what bunny?" Liam continued. Did he just call me bunny? Or did he say honey? They kind of sound the same. Either way bunny is a cute nickname. I could get used to that. But let's get back on track. "I wanted to. There was something in the woods I wanted to see." I said softly, hoping they wouldn't hear me. But to my avail they did and Niall tensed up. I bet all of them did, but instead of looking at them I continued to look at the woods. "You went into the woods? When?" Louis screeched.

Damn it! Does he not know my head is pounding?

"Last night and the one before." I said in almost a whisper, keeping my eyes trained on the woods. I want to back in there so badly. Maybe the person is there right now. I could be out there and see them! Just maybe I could meet them.

"Night? Someone could've stolen you!" Harry semi-yelled. It banged against my ears making my head ache in pain, but I still didn't look away. I know someone has to be there I just know it. They need to be there. "I know. But I had to go." My eyes seemed to get heavier as I snuggled up against Niall, I need to stay awake. I have to see this person. There is a slight chance I could see them from here. It wasn't that deep into the woods.

"Why did you have to go? It's just the woods. You could've gone when it wasn't raining, when it was daylight, or with one of us!" Harry continued at his high volume. Even through all the pain and fatigue I pushed passed it to keep my eyes on the woods. "There we memorials for Erin and Scott. They're carved into trees. Someone made them, I don't know who, but I saw the memorials with my own two eyes." I spoke gently, feeling myself almost drift off to sleep. Nobody responded. They probably think I'm crazy. I understand if they do. "Belle, you were probably hallucinating from the sickness. No one made memorials." Niall spoke calmly in my ear.

No. He's wrong. I saw them! I'm not giving up on this! For once I'm not giving up!

"No. I saw them. I swear." I mumbled, the drowsiness starting to hit me. Niall finally relaxed as he tightened his grip around me. "Go to sleep babe. It's just the sickness. There weren't any memorials." Niall whispered. I shook my head, letting my eyes slowly droop. "I swear I saw them. I'm positive." Just as my eyes were about to fully close I saw a short girl with red fiery hair stand in front of a tree. Not any tree, but Erin's. I knew there was someone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note

Sorry it's a short chapter. I'm working up to who the girl is. She will be in the next chapter, which will be up tomorrow.

Did anyone else hear the song by Sam McCarthy Harry is featured in? It's amazing! It's called Don't Let Me Go. It's on sound cloud and youtube. Check it out!

Look out for tomorrow update! I have a half-day so it'll be earlier than usual! Monday is my last final exam than Thursday school will be over! From the 22nd until the 27th I will be on my family vacation with my cousins that I haven't seen in 5 months, which is too long to me because I used to see them all the time before they moved to California. So after that expect more updates!

If you read all of that thank you! You should also know I figured out how I'm ending the book. It'll end in the forties chapter wise. I love you all!!!

Love, Isabella