Testing Tears

{Belle's POV}

The entire ride the boys have been oddly silent. It's making me scared. Whenever people are silent they're either scared, upset, or mad. But their facial expressions don't match any of those emotions. They look nervous.

"Are you guys okay?" I asked, turning my back towards the window so I could face them. None of them made eye contact with me. All they did was fidget in their seats and mumble out a 'yes'.

I sighed and turned back to my original position. They're keeping something from me, I know it. I guess it's karma from keeping a lot of things from them.

For example my reading problems. Or how Emerson and I broke up, but that's not important. Also how I'm a really good artist. The worst one I've kept a secret is that I didn't tell them I was being abused.

That one day in the hospital when Zayn looked like he was holding something back from asking I think that's what it was. He wanted to ask why I didn't tell me. I'm not a hundred percent sure, but I think that might be it.

I can tell all of the boys are wondering why I didn't tell them. I'm scared to tell them why. It's a terrible excuse, but that's what I use. Nothing hurts more than to tell people why. One day I'm going to have to. The tension in the car is already high so I might as well use this situation to explain.

I got myself ready to tell them by sitting up straight and taking in a deep breath, but then I froze.

I can't do it. If I tell them they'll laugh at me, or maybe get mad. There's just this feeling in my gut that says 'Don't do it!' On the other hand my heart is saying 'Tell them."

Only I would have an internal war about telling the people I love a something. Maybe if I just start talking about it then I'll be able to get it over with.

Right as I opened my mouth someone cut me off. "We're here." Paul said, seeming oddly nervous. I looked out the window to see a ginormous brick building.

I squinted my eyes to see written on the building. "Trinity London University." Why are we at a college? Are one of the boys going to take classes? Are they already thinking of colleges for me? I'm only thirteen! I know I'm England you go to college earlier than America, but not this early.

"C'mon Tinker Bell." Liam spoke softly, not making eye contact. All I did was nod. My words were suddenly gone. I don't want to talk about it anymore. Maybe it was a good idea not to talk about it just yet.

We walked through the empty halls of the college building silently. Everyone had their hands shoved into their pockets while I kept fiddling with my thumbs. My eyes stayed on the brown wooden floors.

I noticed how Louis, who was walking in front of me, stopped walking. So I followed suit. "Belle?" Louis asked, making me look up at him. I nodded being at a loss of words.

He kneeled down so he was my height, a few inches shorter. Yes I'm short, it's not my fault though. Stupid genes.

"We were talking about your reading this morning," He paused looking me in the eyes. They were talking about me? I have a bad case of paranoia.

It's when you get very nervous and upset by little things. Like when I hear people laughing I feel like they're laughing at me. I don't have it as bad as others. Some people can't even watching tv when the characters are laughing because they think the people on tv are laughing at them.

My eyes crystallised with tears. Were they making fun of me? They were probably saying how bad I was and laughing.

See that's how bad it is. I know these boys wouldn't do that, but I still think it. I always jump the gun and think of the worse thing possible.