Blackbird

{Belle's POV}

The echo of the doorbell ringing sent chills down my spine and tears threatening to spill. They're here. By they I mean the boys.

I'm going to be yelled at, given speeches, maybe even hit. But would they actually hit me? I've thought plenty of times that if I mess up big enough that I'll get him; but is that even true? Would these boys that I've loved before they even knew I existed hit me?

Once I heard Zayn's pain filled voice asking where I am, I don't know what to think anymore. I'm not sure if he's mad or sad. I don't know if I should hide or hug him. I just don't know.

I stayed seated on the couch not moving; not even shivering. I'm too scared and too confused. Either way I'm in trouble. It doesn't matter if he's mad or sad. There's five boys which means five speeches.

Oh joy.

"Where is she?" Zayn asked again, his voice cracking. It didn't crack from anger, but from agony. That's when a tear broke loose. It slowly slipped down my cheek all alone. No others followed its actions. "She's in the living room; but be gentle. She has barely spoken all day. You can tell how upset and scared she is." Anne warned the boys. She's not wrong.

I haven't really spoken at all today. Only when questions are asked directly towards me, and even then I would only say one or two words.

No one replied to Anne, instead I heard feet running down the hall towards me. Part of me wants to jump up and run out the back door, while the other says run towards them. I didn't have time to choose because soon enough Zayn picked me up in his arms.

"Thank God you're okay! I love you so much baby doll."

That's when I completely fell apart. All the tears fell down my cheeks and the sobs broke our. I wrapped arms tightly around his neck and cried into his chest. "I-I'm so s-sorry. S-so so s-sorry." I repeated over and over again between my sobs. Another pair of arms tore me away and carried me the same way Zayn did.

Once I smelt the honey scent I knew it was Liam. My eyes are closed shut, trying to hold in the tears but they continue to pour out. "Never scare us like that again. I was so scared." Liam's words that contained anger are mixed with the pain I brought him. The guilt stung against my heart as I uttered apology after apology.

Next was Niall that tore me away. I only knew that because of how warm his embrace is. He keeps a tight grip, as if he's going to lose me. Which I guess he did for a little while.

Harry called Anne at three in the afternoon. All day her and I have been talking. Well mostly Anne talked; saying how I shouldn't of left, how I should've talked to the boys, stuff like that. I nodded along to everything she said until she got to the part where she apologized for the boys not believing me. That's when I spoke my first real sentence of the day. I said she didn't need to apologize. That's when Harry called asking if he knew where I was.

"P-please don't d-do that again. I-I was so s-scared." Niall sobbed into me. My already heart just felt like it was stomped on. I was so freaking stupid! I was being so selfish that I didn't even think how the boys would feel. But I still have two more to tell me how much I hurt them. I continuously said how sorry I was to Niall until someone took me from Niall's grasp.

The boys hair tickled against my ear making it obvious that it's Harry. "I'm so happy you're safe! You scared the shit out of me!" Harry whispered into my ear before placing a kiss on my head. I did the same as the last three, muttered apology after apology.

Lastly was Louis and my tears still haven't stopped. Louis has always been the scariest when he'a angry. He yells and his face turns bright red. But he didn't yell today. Instead he hugged me as tightly as I could and whispered "Out of all the lot, I missed you the most. Remember that." A small smile found its way to my slips as I realized that Louis is trying to make me feel better. "I'm still r-really sorry." I whispered back as another sob broke out.