Our Little Secret

~Monday, April 1st~

{Belle's POV}

Today I want to disappear. It's the start of wishing I did die and was never saved. Actually it started when I woke up, now it's continuing.

The reason why I'm like this is because I have to go to school. School used to be my getaway, but now I'm scared. I'm scared that people are going to act differently about me because I got adopted by One Direction. Hopefully no one found out about my "accident".

The boys said I have to go to school since I missed three days last week. I understand but I still don't want to go.

"Belle come get breakfast." Louis said while knocking in the bathroom door. "I'll be out in a minute." I called back. I took one last glance at my reflection and hated it.

My hair is down in its regular curls, and my makeup is natural. A skin tone brown glitter eyeshadow, and black mascara. A bunch of my friends say they're jealous of my hair but they're lucky they don't have it. Sometimes I like it, but others I wish I had naturally straight hair. Maybe blonde or ginger red!

I walked into the kitchen to be greeted by Louis who is flipping pancakes. "Are the boys awake?" I asked while taking a seat on one of the island stools. He chuckled and shook his head. Oh wow I'm stupid. It's shocking Louis is even awake. But someone has to drive me, right?

When we arrived at the drop-off zone at school I got nervous. Maybe I can skip? No one will notice. But the school will probably call the boys. Fuck. "Lou do I have to go?" He chuckled and nodded. "There's no reason or you to be nervous. Have fun, okay?" I nodded even though I disagree with him. There is a reason. Everyone is going to look at me differently. I pray to God that no one has found out that I tried to kill myself.

I walked into the gym where everyone waits and as I was halfway to my friends when I could feel everyone's eyes on me. I tugged the bottom of my Ramones shirt that Harry got me lower just incase if anything was showing. Some people gave me cold jealous looks, probably because they know that One Direction adopted me. Others smiled at me as if saying "Lets be friends only because my favourite boy band adopted you". While my friends waved at me and smiled as if saying "Bitch get your ass over here and tell us everything" in a joking way of course.

When I sat down on the gym floor next between Leah and Joseph they all turned their attention towards me. "So?" Juliet asked. I know exactly what she means. But instead I decided to have some fun and play dumb by scrunching my eyebrows together and tilting my head to the side. "Why didn't you tell us that you are now One Directions child?" Juliet added.

Let me name my friends who sit together. There's Leah, Juliet, Rose, Joseph, Klark, and Stewart. We're all one happy family, usually. Sometimes a few of us end up getting in a fight about stupid things. But the longest it has ever lasted was a week.

Rose smiled happily because she already knew. I feel guilty for not telling Joseph but he's a big boy, he can deal with it. "Thanks for telling me. Your best dude friend." Joseph faked hurt while nudging me with his elbow. "It happened Friday night and I sort of forgot to text you all the next day. And after the interview I thought it was useless." They all nodded then started to talk about something Leah did this weekend.

***

The entire day was pure torture. I could feel people talking about me as I walked by them. Finally eighth period is over and I can meet up with everyone. I have math eighth with Stewart so we always sit together.

Stewart and I walked outside together until we found everyone else sitting near our tree near the drop-off and pick-up zone. We both sat down and everyone looked at me with sad eyes. "I'm going to miss you!" Rose cried as she pulled me into a hug. I hugged her back and rubbed small circles.