Kuromorimine Arc: Chapter 79 - Day Off

[Dortmund, Germany - 12AM]

(Gero and his team were staying at the new home of the children in Dortmund for a while. It was already midnight but Gero was unable to sleep so he decided to take a walk inside the compound. After a few minutes he caught a glimpse of Assam who was watching the starry sky on the balcony of their safe house)

"Yo.."

"Gero..what are you doing still up?" Assam asked

"I could ask the same thing to you.."

"Was thinking about my family back home..my friends..Darjeeling-sama.."

"I'm sure they miss having you around..don't worry you'll see them again once we get back.."

"I know..but when I get back we only have a few months left before graduation..after that I have no idea what to do.."

"I see..well that is something worth thinking about.."

"What about you?"

"I want to go to a university with Erika after we graduate..but I don't know if she would want to go with me.."

"Why wouldn't she?"

"Because I'll keep on fighting Pandora during my university years..I don't plan on stopping now..I'll keep on pushing forward.."

"It would be dangerous if she went with you..and if Pandora knew about her they'd target her in order to get to you.."

"I know..I want to be with her..but at the same time I want to keep her safe by being away from her.."

"What if being with her is the safest thing to do?" Assam asked

"I don't know..but whatever her decision is I'll respect it.."

"You truly are in love with her.."

"What's with that all of a sudden?"

"Nothing..it's just that I'm kinda jealous of you and Erika-san..both of you found each other..someone you plan to be with no matter what..I wonder if I can find someone like that.."

"I'm sure you'll find someone..we have long lives ahead of us..I just found mine earlier.."

"I do hope so.."

"There's even a chance that you've already met that person but both of you just passed each other.."

"And if we're really meant for each other fate will bring us together?" Assam asked

"Well..if you put it that way then yes.."

"Hmmm..I see..by the way do you have any plans tomorrow like the others?" Assam asked

"No..I plan on just chilling here with the kids..you?"

"Then let's go on a date tomorrow.."

"Ha..?"

"I want to enjoy Germany too but since everyone already had plans with each other you're the only one left.."

"O-Oh so I'll just have to assist you in your shopping ..r-right?"

"Nope..we are going on a D-A-T-E! On a DATE! So we're going to enjoy it!"