Kuromorimine Arc: Chapter 87 - Resonance

[Industrial Town - South of the Battlefield]

"Now Sakura-chan! FIRE!" Kojima ordered

"FIRING!" Sakuraba shouted

*BANG

"FIRE!" the Jumbo commander ordered

*BANG

(Again at the same time both tanks fired their cannons towards each other. One was a 128mm shell and another was a 76mm shell flying through the air and slowly went by each other reaching their targets)

*BOOM *BOOM

"Hey what just happened?! What was that explosion!?" Sango asked

"It was our Jagdtiger!"

"Sakuraba-chan and Kojima-san? Did they make it in time?"

"I don't know..there is still smoke around the flag tank of Red Wings.."

(It was a painful wait for them trying to find out if the flag tank of Red Wings was finally taken out. It was a mixture of fear and hope for them as they looked at the battlefield. Slowly they saw first their own Jagdtiger taken out by the 76mm shell of the Jumbo and had a white flag on it. Then their gaze slowly turned to the Jumbo and they saw smoke coming out from it and on top of the turret was a white flag waving in the wind)

"They did it.." Sango said

"RED WINGS ACADEMY FLAG TANK HAS BEEN DESTROYED!" Chouno proudly announced

(The whole stadium erupted into cheers and screams as they heard that Red Wings' Flag Tank was destroyed meaning the last tank they have to take out in order to win is Shiori's command tank. Of course upon hearing the announcement Shiori was shocked and did not expect that their flag tank was the first to go down)

"No way..how could this happen?" Shiori said

"Commander? Commander! What are your orders?!" Takayuki shouted

(Takayuki tried to communicate with Shiori but she was too shocked to answer. Meanwhile Erika and her crew were overjoyed hearing the announcement and their morale skyrocketed)

"They did it!" Suzu cheered

"But how? Who took the shot?" Sheska asked

"Sango-senpai? Can you hear me?" Leila radioed

"Leila-chan? Is that you?" Sango responded

"Yes! Are you alright over there?!"

"We're fine but already white flagged.."

"I see..did you guys take out the flag tank of Red Wings?" Erika asked

"No Kommandant..it was Sakuraba-chan and their Jagdtiger! They made it in time!"

"That's the White Tiger's disciple for ya!" Rin cheered

"But..our own flag tank is.." Sheska said

(They all looked again towards the field to look at the White Tiger that was fighting Shiori while Sango and Mauko were fighting from the other side of the battlefield. Their joy disappeared when they gazed at the beaten up tank of Gero. The white paint was almost scraped off from the body due to numerous hits from shells. The tank tracks were hanging by a thin thread and it looked like it was about to come off any second. This was the most they have been damaged since their fight against Darjeeling)

[Seven Seats of Senshado Viewing Platform]

"I never expected that their duel would be this one sided.." Katyusha said