Special OVA: Chapter 93 - Two Become One

[Ganghwa Island - Near the North Korean Border]

(Gero extended his hand to grab a hold of Erika's then as they held each other's hand Erika suddenly tugged Gero and pulled him away from the radius of the explosion. She then grabbed the grenades and threw them on the ground. She then used Faceless' dead body and placed it on top of the grenades to shield the explosion while Erika herself was on top. She closed her eyes then after a second the grenades exploded under both their bodies, mitigating the explosion as much as possible. Gero couldn't believe what just happened and couldn't make sense of it. He walked slowly towards Erika's body and saw a big pool of blood. His body shook in fear seeing the one she loved the most and wanted to protect the most in that state)

"NO..NO...NO...ERIKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

(Gero's scream could be heard all over the place and everyone rushed towards them only to be speechless of the situation. They saw Gero placing his hands on Erika's stomach that was severely wounded due to the blast of the grenade. The man that they saw as fearsome and unkillable was now panicking and trying his best to save the woman he loves)

"SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP! PLEASE! NANA! WHERE ARE YOU!?"

"I'm here young master! Let me take over!" Nana shouted

"She..she just threw herself under the grenades..she protected me..please Nana save her.."

"I understand young master so please calm down, I will do everything in my power to save Erika-sama so please back away.."

"Erika..come on don't do this to me baby.."

"The majority of the blood is not hers, the wounds on her abdomen are not major but she might still have internal bleeding. We have to get her to the nearest hospital right now!" Nana shouted

(A helicopter was quickly dispatched to their location, they boarded Erika on it together with Nana and Gero. The medic was also treating Gero's wounds on the flight but he never let go of Erika's hand)

"Sir Gero! Sir Gero!" Alonso radioed

"Colonel.."

"Are you alright?!"

"Erika has been seriously injured..I need you to do me a favor..and contact this person..meet me at the hospital.."

"Jawohl! Hang on both of you! Don't you dare die on us!" Alonso shouted

[Hanshin Medical Center - Incheon, Korea]

(As soon as they landed on the helipad, Erika was transferred to the emergency room. Gero waited patiently in the other room while he was also being treated. All he could think of was Erika and nothing else. After a while the doctor entered the room to notify Gero)

"Doctor! How's Erika?!"

"It's a miracle she's still breathing after what happened. She has fractured ribs and her left eardrum is ruptured. The worst is she suffered from severe blood loss from internal bleeding due to a blunt liver injury. This is caused by a direct impact with a certain velocity and energy on the abdomen which in this case was the blast from two grenades. This resulted in a lacerated liver by penetration of her fractured ribs that led to internal bleeding. Her liver is no longer functioning properly and the damage is beyond repair." the doctor said

"What are our options?"

"Liver transplant is the only treatment option for her.."