part 3.

"Gayatri, bring me tea." Vimesh ordered his wife as he went to their bedroom without sparing a look to Karan. He was looking expectedly at his father that atleast he would look at him and if not a smile, a second of eyelock would be enough to make his day.

But his father didn't even acknowledged him.

"I'm telling you karan, your father must be tired from work. Otherwise he doesn't have tea so late." Gayatri noticed the change in the air and she quickly spoke to divert his mood.

"Yes mom." He smiled at her.

_______

"Your tea." Gayatri said knocking in their bedroom and when she heard a faint 'come-in', she entered with the tray. She stood near the bed, waiting for him to complete his work and have the tea.

"Keep the tea on table, Gayatri." He said and she nodded, keeping the tea. When he still felt her eyes on him, he growled. "Don't play dummy and speak what you want."

"I..Actually, Karan told me about what happened today. He was really happy seeing your surprised look in the office. Why don't you praise him? He will be so happ--"

"I'm not here to entertain your son, Gayatri! And i was not surprised. Not surprised to see the carelessness of your son. Leave now." He told arrogantly and Gayatri controlled her tears before leaving the room.

Karan hid behind when he felt his mother coming and looked at her retreating back. She was wiping her cheeks.

_____

Twenty eight years. Twenty eight years since she was married to Vimesh and shared not only her life but his mood as well. Everytime he told her something, she took it as a command.

And that was probably the reason why she has become worst than a servant in his life. Despite sharing her everything with him, she was not allowed to speak freely to him. She still has to take his permission for entering his bedroom. Not 'theirs' as the world calls it.

Because she never considered that room as hers. It was just the room where she sleeps and keeps her clothes. It was as if she was a paying guest in the room.

"Boooo.." The scary face came close to her face and she jumped back in fear. Karan laughed as he took off his mask and pulled his mother to a hug. "You are so adorable, Mom."

"Why'd you do that?" The tears that she controlled from so long, flowed and she acted as if she was just scared by his prank and was not upset.

"Mom i am hungry." He whined instead and showed her the bag he bought along with himself.

Gayatri took the bag and peeped inside. Se squealed seeing her favorite ice-cream. "You bought this? Oh God, i was so craving it." She immediately pulled out two cones and gave one to Karan. She unwrapped her ice-cream and ate with a wide smile.

"You know Karan, when i was young, i  could eat four such ice-creams. But now i can't eat that much because of cavity." She told him and he listened all her talks with atmost attention, teasing his mother in middle.

________

Karan stopped in the signal and looked at the same spot he met Ms. Espresso for the first time. But shook his head and fixed his gaze in the signal. He drove off as the signal showed green.

Nearly a week went by and Karan never had seen that girl again. He had gone back to his life but a part of him wanted to meet that girl again. He tried to explain himself that he just wanted to thank her for the help and no more.

Karan was coming back to his home from the office when someone ran near his car. He pulled the breaks and frowned as he came out to scold the person. But he could not as he found a lady weeping and trying to get up again. Her face was covered by a veil.