part 25

From the past few days, Karan was noticing the change in Aviral's behavior. Aviral never went out of the zone so frequently, as he is being now. In the meetings, Aviral always tried to dominate the employees, but now he was just letting Vimesh take over.

But Karan let it slip away as the idea of Tejasswi's birthday took him. He was excited for the day and the surprise he was preparing for her.

And today, was her birthday.

"Mom, " Karan hugged his mom in the kitchen. "Please make tejasswi's all favorites today. "

She looked at him, raising her one eye brow. Her playful smirk was suggesting.

"Don't look like that. It's her birthday, that's why I'm asking. Nothing more. " He explained, knowing where thoughts of his mom were running.

"Nothing more. " She repeated with a teasing smile and Karan looked at her with narrowed eyes. "I believe you. " She assured and Karan signed, leaving the kitchen.

"Nothing more. " She shouted and her dimmed laughter, bought a smile on his face.

"It confirms my suspicion that you feel something for her. Today is her birthday, and I will ask Vimesh ji, to put the proposal today only. Yes. " She grinned and went to cooking .

--------

When vimesh and gayatri came up with the proposal of Karan and tejasswi's marriage, Karan was taken aback.

He surely felt something strong for tejasswi, something he could not decipher, but marriage? That was too soon.

But you cannot deny the love you feel when tejasswi stands beside you and takes a stand for you. His heart warned.

He looked at tejasswi who had her eyes restricted to her plate, almost as if she was deaf in the conversation. But the constant poking of her tongue to the inside of her cheek, told him that she was equally nervous at the topic.

"Dad, marriage is a big decision. We just met some months ago. " He told his father, cautiously.

"You mom and I, met each other on the day of our marriage. But we are pulling up with each other for so long. So can you both. " His father dismissed.

'More like aunty tolerating you! ' tejasswi chided in her mind.

Karan looked defeatedly at tejasswi who looked back at him. Remembering the words of mehir.

'If you get in a legal relationship with Kundrra's, it will be easier and faster to get to the climax. I cannot afford more time, now. '

She understood mehir's desperation. She had burnt for 8 years in the fury of this revenge. Those sleepless nights, anxiety and the nightmares didn't put her in easy at any day.

While mehir was wondering for 12 years, busy in keeping a close eye on Kundrra's and transforming himself. His pain was more than hers. Although she didn't knew his reason for this revenge, she had seen mehir suffering.

She took a breadth before giving a firm nod to Karan and he sighed. "Fine, but the marriage will happen after one year. "

"I agree. We need time to get to know each other, clearly. " Tejasswi supported Karan.

"Fine by me and gayatri. "

They vacant the table, ignoring the last person who sat, squeezing the stress buster ball in his hand, under the table. Aviral never expected his dad to bring up this proposal so soon. He was only half way through his plan.

"Gear up. "

----

"Tejasswi? " Karan called out when tejasswi was about to go back to her room. She turned to look at him. "I want to talk with you, are you free this evening. "

"No, I'm busy. " She said sarcastically. "I have to lie on bed, look at the empty walls, water the plants, and then not to forget, I have to be bored, too. "

He chuckled. He thought after the marriage discussion, things would get awkward between them, but she eased it.

"Great then. Leave all your busy tasks and get ready in the evening. We'll be going somewhere. "

"Where? A restaurant? " Her eyes shined. In this phase of her life, if she was loyal to someone, it was food.

"Nope."

"Shopping? " Her second love.

"Nope."

"Park? Museum? Zoo? "

"Stop throwing your arrows blindly, i'm getting late. " He teased, seeing her excitement, and left.

----

Tejasswi got ready in her pinkish jumpsuit and nude makeup, with high pony tail and sharp mascara.

"Tejasswi, Karan is waiting for you outside. " Gayatri peeked inside the room and took the look. Her friends would be so jealous when she'll reveal her beautiful daughter-in-law to be, to them. She grinned.

"Am I looking fine? It's not over, right? " Tejasswi asked, looking at her reflection.

"It's on point. " Gayatri took off her evil eyes and tejasswi chuckled at her kind gesture. "Click many photos as a memory of your and karan's first date. "

"We are not going on a date. " Tejasswi reminded. "He wanted to talk a little. "

"Yeah, this mansion is too small for some talk. " Gayatri teased and tejasswi whined, ignoring the heat that crawled up her cheeks. "Goo.. "

Tejasswi nodded and walked out.

Karan's heart skipped a beat as he recollected the first sight of tejasswi he saw. In a pink floral dress. The only difference was her hair were not tied that time. He smiled as Pink was definitely her color.

No, all colors are hers.

But pink suits the most.

'Get a grip! '

Karan guided her through the passenger seats, giving her bouquet of roses, and a chocolate. She looked astonished at the special treatment.

He wanted to wish her happy birthday but he had not refrained his mother to not wish her, just to spoil his plans by himself.

---------