part 8

Karan tried to refresh his servers, not believing that all the hard work he put in a day, got all wasted. But to no gain. The file was no where. He remembered taking the print outs of his file while he was leaving.

A hope arose in him that the deal was still his. That the wish to see his proud could still be fulfilled. He drove back to his suite and checked his bag, looking for the papers. But the file was again missing. He remembered placing the papers safely in his bag, and now he didn't knew why they were not in the place.

He groaned and looked at the dial of his watch. The time was running and only 20 minutes were left for the presentation to start.

He wanted to call his brother and ask him to do something before the situation gets worse. But how could he? He was afraid to make his brother disappointed. He trusted him, and what he did in return?

"I knew." He groaned hitting his fist on the table. "I knew I could not do this. I just can't." Tears gathered in his eyes, as he once again scolded himself mentally.

The confidence he mustered till now, evaporated like a thin air of water in the bright sunlight that now he was left with nothing.

Had this been the first time, he could have reassured himself thinking it was not his day. But holy God, it happened everytime.

When his father used to give him some responsibilities, he would somehow fail them, inspite of trying everything he could. It seemed that he was just not meant to do anything right.

His phone beeped in his pocket and he took it out, looking at his mom's number. He shoved the phone in the middle of the pillows as the urge to just punish himself, anyhow, strengthen.

His chest felt heavy and a part of him wanted to just tell his mom that he did his best but he just can't be successful in what he does. He wanted to tell her that maybe his father was right and he was really undeserving for the name 'Kundrra'.

He picked up the phone when it ran again. "Mom." He muttered.

"Karan. Did I disturbed you? I'm sorry but I just wanted to wish you luck. All the best, mere bachche. " Gayatri told softly. "You must be nervous, don't be. Even if you lose the deal or something happens, your dad and I will still love you."

"He may not show, but today he woke up early and is just looking at his watch from time to time." She added further when Karan didn't say anything.

Karan on the other hand was just listening her and building up the courage to answer her.

"Aunty, I also want to wish him luck. " A whiny voice fell to his ears and he remembered what tejasswi said while he was leaving.

if you need any help from me you can call me and i will help you as much as i can.

"Mom, please give phone to tejasswi. " He said impatiently and Gayatri looked in her mobile before smirking at the impatient face of tejasswi.

"Seems like the desperation is mutual. She was just dancing on my head to call you once. " Gayatri laughed it off, giving tejasswi the phone. She took it and sat straight. "Hello? "

"I need help. " With that, Karan told her everything and looked at the watch. Only five minutes were left.
"Can you do something? "

"Karan. Okay, listen to me. Take a deep breath, calm yourself and call the clients. Ask them to postpone the meeting till evening. I'm sure we can do something by then. " She told him patiently and Karan nodded from the other side. "Karan? Do this and then call me again. "

Without any response, she cut the call and Gayatri looked at her worried.

"What happened? Is he not fine? "